Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Groundhogs

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Very nice visual bulldog and nice to see you again. Was just talking about you a couple weeks ago at a BBQ and how much you where missed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, that about sums it up now doesn't it... Thanks Bluedog for the pictures..... And like Phil said it's good too see you back on the board..... You'll have too let me know how the bunny season went for you last year.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, that about sums it up now doesn't it... Thanks Bluedog for the pictures..... And like Phil said it's good too see you back on the board..... You'll have too let me know how the bunny season went for you last year.....

Yep. Never met you, but when we got our beagle a month or so ago there were several people I thought of: FredT, J, Cotty, and Bluedog were a few of them. Reminds me, FredT has been MIA lately too. Maybe he is busy killing groundhogs and coyotes. lmao

bluedog

Thanks guys! Momentary thread hi-jack in progress. The rabbit hunting last year was awesome. The lack of snow up here really helped. Had some amazing runs and as most people who are addicted to rabbit hunting do, I let the dogs run more than I ever took a shot at. But you all know where to find me. ;) ;) ;) The blog is still up and running during hunting season with lots of tales of rabbit hunting, etc.

And sometimes you head out the door to rabbit hunt, and other things find there way into the game pouch. :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys! Momentary thread hi-jack in progress. The rabbit hunting last year was awesome. The lack of snow up here really helped. Had some amazing runs and as most people who are addicted to rabbit hunting do, I let the dogs run more than I ever took a shot at. But you all know where to find me. ;) ;) ;) The blog is still up and running during hunting season with lots of tales of rabbit hunting, etc.

And sometimes you head out the door to rabbit hunt, and other things find there way into the game pouch. :)

You really need too post it up on the small game side and we'll keep it going all season long..... lol.... Looks like a good day there with a tree rat in the mix..... OhioSam and CJD3 and I went together last season, had a blast and then headed south for a hunt with the gang down at Cotty's place.... Fun times.....

bluedog

Yep. Hence the reason most of us don't...

I refuse to get sucked into such old news beyond the statement I am about to make. My post about knowing where to find me was to let people know that I am still active online and that my blog is still up and running. Smiley faces to make it light-hearted. Nothing more, nothing less. I apologize if my post came across as something other than I intended.

But that attitude of "I ain't going over to that other forum even if there are people over there who I like" is exactly why I don't post over here more often than I do. Every time I think about becoming more active on this site, something like this creeps up. *sigh*

I'm sure I will be posting in the small game forum from time to time. I just need to stay away from the drama.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I refuse to get sucked into such old news beyond the statement I am about to make. My post about knowing where to find me was to let people know that I am still active online and that my blog is still up and running.Honestly, I wasn't sure if you were referring to another site or not either. Smiley faces to make it light-hearted. Nothing more, nothing less. I apologize if my post came across as something other than I intended.

But that attitude of "I ain't going over to that other forum even if there are people over there who I like" is exactly why I don't post over here more often than I do. Every time I think about becoming more active on this site, something like this creeps up. *sigh*

I'm sure I will be posting in the small game forum from time to time. I just need to stay away from the drama.

Can't speak for everyone, but I know I will be looking forward to it Bluedog. I enjoy reading everyone's bunny hunting stories. Always fascinated me, but I have never done it with a beagle out front.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I refuse to get sucked into such old news beyond the statement I am about to make. My post about knowing where to find me was to let people know that I am still active online and that my blog is still up and running. Smiley faces to make it light-hearted. Nothing more, nothing less. I apologize if my post came across as something other than I intended.

PM sent.

wdbak

SE Ohio
Well I am here to tell you I am right that Central Ohio is overrun with both yotes and groundhogs. Look back through my trail cam pics on 6 different farms (all 500 acres or larger). Dozens of yotes. I killed a ton and didn't make a dent.

You must live in an area with absolutely no Ag if you are not seeing any groundhogs. I guarantee for every 40 acres of beans I have 8 or more groundhogs. Do you know the amount of beans they eat of my families? Apparently not. Just know you are completely wrong on the subject of yotes and g-hogs for the majority of the state.

This one was a running shot with a pistol! Pretty proud and saved countless bushels of beans.

Ok, well just keep an eye on them and when they start getting scarce cut em some slack. Woodster can only eat around his hole so it looks worse than it is. but I can see if you are infested it could hurt financially and we all know that's what makes the world go round.

Huckleberry Finn

Ok, well just keep an eye on them and when they start getting scarce cut em some slack. Woodster can only eat around his hole so it looks worse than it is. but I can see if you are infested it could hurt financially and we all know that's what makes the world go round.

Sumbitchs have legs and can eat wherever the hell they want....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Do you really think if the groundhog or yote were in any kind of trouble they wouldn't be listed as such. If there was any doubt in my mind about the population status I would stop. There is no doubt. They are in abundance and a nuisance. Let me guess I should stop killing the termites that try to enter the cabin also? They are more important than protecting my families investment.

Reign in the emotions and use the noggin. Life is easier that way. Well, easier until you run into some one like you....nonsensical, emotional thinker.