Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guess the gun season harvest

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I believe I OVER estimated by a couple thousand. If so, I'm happy! The only way to have a herd rebound is for folks to realize it isn't as large as it was.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Final Answer...

2013 - 2014 Regular Gun = 76,527 minus the 75,408 reported harvest by ODNR = over estimated deer kill by 1,119.

But my answer was still with 1%. Does that make me a 1%er?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Another thought... how's come a bunch of hunters on the internet can very closely estimate of the amount of deer killed each season, but the ODNR can't closely estimate the size of our deer herd in which they're responsible for managing & regulating? Hmmmm :smiley_chinrub:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Another thought... how's come a bunch of hunters on the internet can very closely estimate of the amount of deer killed each season, but the ODNR can't closely estimate the size of our deer herd in which they're responsible for managing & regulating? Hmmmm :smiley_chinrub:

Good point!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Lies, lies I tell you!