Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guess what I know??

P8riot

Carbon, In
Thats great that he wasnt all pumped full of adrenaline when he died. Awesome shot, great humane kill, and a very nice rack. Should be some good meat. Another benefit of a bow. I still need to hunt with one for that reason!

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I enjoyed that you scripted the whole thing and it worked perfectly. Nice buck!
For public land we have a little slice of Heaven. Our 22 acre farm house is at the end of the road/driveway. Another guy uses our second house and owns 80 acres beyond us. Both properties are completely surrounded by public. There’s a ridge that runs out from our place. Hunters have to cross our properties to get to it or have to cross deep hollows on the public. Bow season it is usually all ours to hunt. Gun season is a different story.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Tyler finally got a chance to hunt WV this morning. He went to the stand I killed mine from. Just after daylight he did a blind grunting sequence and had immediate action. But it came straight to the tree. He was at full draw following it and his cam hit the seat. The buck looked up so he shot straight down. Thinking he only got one lung he waited 5 hours to go look for it. When he found it coyotes had already been on it. They drug it 15 yards and one leg was missing. Tyler is upset about it but sometimes nature wins. Nice public land 5 x 3 that needed taken out. One hour/2 solid WV public land bucks from that stand.
IMG-0634.jpg