Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gun nuts, need your opinion

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
20201025_190704.jpg

Hammer slammer 380 rocking a a memorizing 6+1 capacity. Crackheads and cape buffalo beware.

In all seriousness though. My belief has always been that the best gun to carry is the you're carrying when you need it. That little Kimber micro disappears and is comfortable. I sometimes forget that I have it on me until I go to take a shower that evening. For what it's worth I wouldn't get so hung up on capacity numbers. If you enjoy wearing it and do so daily that's 99% of the game right there.

ChiefRedwood

Akron
@jack- looks like we have the same body type - tall and too damn lean [emoji23]

@dustin- my EDC is a Sig 938 pinky extender with hogue tact grips and a double mag pouch on the opposite hip.

That’s 22 shots at 7 + 1 cocked and locked as it’s intended. Best damn handgun I’ve ever shot.

Statically an offensive encounter is anywhere from 4-7 shots. This is a last ditch effort life saving safety harness. My war gun is a 5.56 Holo + 3-6x magnifier but I have a hard time fitting that one down my pants.

#1 rule is to carry what you feel comfortable with. You’d be surprised that printing can save your life. Don’t be afraid to carry a bigger gun if it’s what you shoot best.

The gun you posted above reminds me a lot of the body type of a Ruger SR9c. Reliable gun but for me was too much weight on the trousers. If it’s cold I’ll carry a Colt 5 inch 1911 small of the back OWB rig and you’d never know it was there.

Best of luck in finding the “perfect” carry gun. My advice is to hit a range and try a few that interest you in a few different calibers. Stay safe!