Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gun Season 2020

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
Took this shithead a good 30mins to finally calm down early. Skunked this morning. I'll give it another honest effort tonight. Warming my bones and filling my gut. I got colder today than yesterday. Wet and wind will get ya. good luck tonight!!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
My brother pulled this from the doe he got yesterday. It was a big nanny doe with his 45-70 at 200yards across a pasture. Hit one rib and embedded in another one across. Took out the lungs and diaphragm on the way through.

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of expansion. 325gr ftx hornady leverevolution out of a Henry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-122421_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-122421_Messages.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 165

Cogz

Cogz
TX
My brother pulled this from the doe he got yesterday. It was a big nanny doe with his 45-70 at 200yards across a pasture. Hit one rib and embedded in another one across. Took out the lungs and diaphragm on the way through.

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of expansion. 325gr ftx hornady leverevolution out of a Henry.
Dang I just bought those. I’m usually taking shoulder shots.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
She is a big girl!

Tag teaming a property with a buddy. Mature 8pt in here during gun season. Deer in here last night. Too dark for him to tell if any were bucks but he said bigger bodies deer. Hopefully one of us gets a crack. Already heard gun shots to our south in the camp that is "off limits" to those who follow the rules.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Kickin myself! Had a nice buck at last second light. He was across the fence thatoku the farmer would have said yyour not supposed to gun hunt that, but congratulations. In fact he will probly call me dumbass b

Reactions: triple_duece

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I'm kicking myself. Had a shooter at 80 yards and i talked myself out of squeezing the trigger while my finger was on it. As he trotted away i started calling myself a dumb ass. He was bedded in a small thicket with a young 8pt and a doe.

Oh well... there's always the one day I'm off in muzzleloader or sitting with my crossbow still.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
What was the reason?
He was a shooter but not old (probably 3.5) will be a stud next year if he makes it. I was mainly looking for a doe for just meat.

I really enjoyed the stalk i put on him. Just didn't feel right at the time but now I'm second guessing myself. I haven't shot a buck in years except a few wounded ones to put them down.