Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gun Season 2020

Bowkills

Nw oh
Work sucks. If given the opportunity the upcoming weekends another freezer deer is sounding wonderful. But would end my county limit. Late season can be fun but I'm not sure I want to endure it trying to kill a mature buck. Trying to think outside the box alittle bit for Saturday morning, or i could just sit in my cozy heated box tower blind and wait for the rounds of spooked deer passing through.

Reactions: 5Cent

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got the next 3 evenings to hunt as a family in pursuit of The Streak. Looking for #17 for the wife this year. Trying to nurse this baby to 20 and she's retiring! By then, I'll have two little deer slayers on my hand and there's only so many deer in the woods. We'll let the girls be the hired guns and she can be an observer. Kaydence is asking if we can film hunts and have our own YouTube channel, so maybe mom will become our camerawoman!

20201203_185317.jpg

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Hunted public today. We walked, I saw more deer today than all week combined. 1, shooter buck- I didn’t know was there. He was bedded on a south slope/ shelf; while watching does work up the ridge trying to plan my shot, I took 3 steps towards the steep shelf and up jumped a buck! I saw a rack then his butt as he crashed over the bank out of sight. I was able to scope him for a split second. No shots fired. Good day though. Hunted a piece I’ve only OnX’d and saw great sign and little human sign. Future hunts for sure.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20201204_073654.jpg

Back in the ground blind again today because we're supposed to recieve more rain throughout most of the day, starting in about a half an hour from now.

Saw three unknown deer already, moving just before legal time, plus a big fat bunny and a field mouse. No shots heard in the area yet either.

I'm pretty sure I watched those deer head to thier beds within 100yrds. of me. If so, I expect to see them again at some point later today.

If no antlered deer shows up today, but another good size doe does within the last 1/2 hour, I'll use my last county tag on her cause I want a good gun harvest, then I'll hunt a different county for my buck for the rest of the season.

So, it'll be a crapshoot today, we'll see what happens.

Good luck to anyone huntin today!

Last edited:

Johnny44

Down in Belmont for 2.5 days of gun hunting. Planning to head in with the climber in the morning. A tag is getting punched soon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Fond memories of Belmont County as a kid. Not hunting, just visiting the house where my Grandmother grew up in Flushing. What a place!

Got the next 3 evenings to hunt as a family in pursuit of The Streak. Looking for #17 for the wife this year. Trying to nurse this baby to 20 and she's retiring! By then, I'll have two little deer slayers on my hand and there's only so many deer in the woods. We'll let the girls be the hired guns and she can be an observer. Kaydence is asking if we can film hunts and have our own YouTube channel, so maybe mom will become our camerawoman!

View attachment 115255

Jesse check out 3W Outdoors on YouTube, that is old Blackbeard's family doing their own channel. They put out video's all the time that your kids might find pretty funny and entertaining as well as their hunts and outdoor excursions.