Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heading up to the Defience area

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am going to be heading up to Florida and that's halfway between Defience and Napoleon on either Thursday or Friday evening if anybody wants to meet up.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Heading to Bass Pro that evening? It's only a short drive east.

I have to head up to the wifes grandmas house and do some work that needs done. I don't know if I will get the time to stop in at the BPS there or not.
Almost thought about stopping at the archery shop in Bloomville on the way home though lol.

Looking like I will be heading up on Thursday since Friday is my youngest daughter's birthday. I will leave here around 3 and get up there at about 4:30. Shouldn't take but an hour or so to get done what I need to and then be free for a little bit before I have to head home.

Might be able to sneak up to the BK for a burger up there by the BG stadium off 75 if you want. Let me know.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got up there on Sunday afternoon but didn't get to stay long. I had to take the 2 step daughters down to OSU hospital in Columbus. Their Grandpa on their dads side had a second stroke and lifeflighted down there. This one was not good and he was put on a vent pretty much to keep him going long enough for family to get there and say goodbye. We drove the 2hrs. and got the girls down there and after a few more family members got there they turned off the machine. He made it another 1:45 and was gone.

Calling hours will be Thursday with a military graveside on Friday morning. Been a long week dealing with them this week and don't see it getting any better for awhile. They liked their grandpa even though his son their father was and still is a douchebag.

i should be back up there next week sometime to finish up work on the wife's grandmas house.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry about the loss bud.

Thanks.

He was a good guy but it's better where he is now. He hasn't been doing good for the past year and already had a stroke a few months ago that put him in OSU for about 37 days. He was then diagnosed with MDS ( Myelodysplastic Syndrome) and that's a Pre-leukemia. Much better off now if you ask me.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry about the loss of your stepdaughters grandfather..... sucks when that happens.....

Sure does. This is new territory for me and a learning curve for sure lol.

I have known him since 88' so it's been a long time. Like I said " Good guy " but much better off now that he doesn't have to deal with the illness and complications.