Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Home addition photos

whitetailjunky3

I called the yard i go to and was told they dont stock them. I didnt check one other store. I was hoping to aviod driving through busy traffic with 3/4 ton of loose firebrick i had to pick up as well.
I get that just figured you could get anything in ft wayne lol

Bowkills

Nw oh
Did you know amish have cell phones??? Did you know they dont answer the fluckin things? I think ive got some good guys lined up that will build my roof while tolerating me working with them but they are just busy like the rest of the world. Winter is here just getting tired of still pumping water...

Bowkills

Nw oh
20220108_165617.jpg
well im happy. 27 trusses set by hand, rafters built too conect the two roof sections and 1/2 the 3/4 osb on. Frozen top plate, frozen garage roof and 13 or less degrees to start had the day off to a slow dangerous start. 8am to 1 30. I have very minimal to bitch about. Glad tn meet and help some good guys. Very fortunate to have got exavators and now truss guys that would get after it for a fair price. 3850 dollars in labor cost so far in this build so far. I think sparky to hook up my panel will be the most unless i con a family member to do it. Ill get the rest of the osb on and covered up asap. But then slow and steady as the pocket book will decide what happens next. Good day.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Weather delays weather delays materials delays amish delays covid fing material pricing all up. Me working weekends not getting shit done. Currently waiting on my wife and i's work scheduals to line up to get to the metal roof place before they close during the week not open saturdays to pick out style and color, hell even price it. Week 3 now we cant get there together or me getting there. F online i want to see it before droppin thousands. Ive told my wife and anticipated a 3yr build but the timeline will keep extending with biden in office and everything climbing. I might get to put phase one rock on this bunker build before winter if the weather would start being nice big if...for now!

Bowkills

Nw oh
Resized_20220813_171942.jpg
after figuring how much im doing metal got axed. 3577sq ft of roofing material needed. Tar paper held since febuary somehow but my block gables and guts/chimney of the fireplace was finished last night..1st day roofing. Feels good dont owe a fin dime to anybody and am not on a time clock except my wife. Fireplace took some time. Ill get the roof done and post better pics. Life is great.

Bowkills

Nw oh
20220823_104052.jpg
swing and a miss...did this and my brain told me do it again! 2 bundles later i made it squirt blood....3/4s done. Oh and a branch fell out of my front maple tree and broke my windshield 30secs after the 1st blow to the thumb. I was in a funk yesterday after reading of geezers passing, and today the feeling goes on, Dang!
20220823_110907.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would you trade your circumstances for anyone else's troubles? Seems pretty good from here. Great to see you plugging away and getting there!