Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hotel, motel, Hampton Inn...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Fuggin water complany was digging up my yard to make the meter mans job easier installing a wand reader meter. Well the dumb fuggs cut my gas line instead of the water line. So the family and I are staying in the Hampton Inn. This has really buggered up a lot of plans/jobs.

The rest of the story later....dumb shits.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn... The hampton Inn? You don't have a Residence inn, courtyard, any Marriott or a Hilton... Fuggers... Your home isn't a Hampton Inn, Why do they think they can move you out of your home and put you in one. Dang..

rrr

True story - Remember how the Mansfield Muni Court got blow up? The week I did my internship there they were trying to figure out where they were going to move the courts while they did renovations...the first ten minutes I was there the lady walked me through the molotov cocktail burnt office...right across the hall from hers. Anyways, later in the week I found myself in an elevator at the Holiday Inn - where they moved the court for 4 months - and saying to two judges, the court administrator, the Holiday Inn people, and two city officials - "Yano guys, the people in jail will love this! Chillin' at the Holiday Inn for court!"

Hope your stay is shorter and easier.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The water company paying for your stay ? I would send them a bill and make them if they aren't.

I gotta hear this story :D.

They will be paying the bill like it or not!

All they were doing was putting in a new meter on the line that they can just "wand" and it details how much weve used. They had the snow spray painted with huge lines. One marked water and the other gas. I pick my wife up to get some errands done at 1pm and they were pulling up TOO start digging. I wave and off we go. At around 7pm I was packing the kids up from G-ma's and I get a call from the neighbor saying the Columbia Gas man was sitting in our driveway waiting on us. Confused I rush home to find out that they cut the line at 3pm and never called us.

The guy was a douche bag. Beentown = BT Columbia Gas Douche Bag = DB

BT- (nod) Hey hows it going
DB- Hello sir my name is Terry (something) and when Delco was doing your water upgrade they cut the gas line.
BT - Why didn't anyone call us and whats the fix?
DB - We need to put a splice in and replace some of the pipe.
BT - OK so where is the crew?
DB - No comment.
BT - No comment? (sideways, confused dog look) What do you mean no comment? Did they walk off on the job or what?
DB - We haven't had a crew here yet.
BT - Why?
DB - No comment.

At this point I am ready to punch the guy if he said no comment again.

BT - Delco is responsible here and I need you to get a crew out here and get it fixed. OT be damned, Delco is the one that is going to have to pay you for there screw up.
DB - No matter the situation I will not have a crew out here until sometime tomorrow. Call the CS line.
BT - Wait here....(I pick up the phone to call his super)

While I am on the line he keeps saying no comment to my wife on anything asked. Their CS/Management are all off at 7p and it is 7:35pm and the only people at the office are the emergency contact (fire,leak) people and they got bitched at but I got the run around. I go to talk to DB again and he fuggin pulled off with out saying a word.

Onto Delco. These bastards didn't know that anyone hit a line supposedly. I am going to raise holy hell tomorrow but it is just a huge pain in the ass. What am I gonna do? Switch providers? Not an option. They (utilities) do not have to provide any kind of service because they have areas locked down. I mean shit some people have to work and can't sit on the phone all fuggin day. I will bitch like no tomorrow about DB and the way it was handled but they don't give a rats ass.

Fuggin BS,

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Damn... The hampton Inn? You don't have a Residence inn, courtyard, any Marriott or a Hilton... Fuggers... Your home isn't a Hampton Inn, Why do they think they can move you out of your home and put you in one. Dang..

We only have a Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton which is by far the nicest. This is much better than any Hampton I have seen. Marriotts suck in general.

I am so freakin pissed I can't sleep.

Beentown

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
They will get paid no matter what, you can bitch all you want. They couldn't care less, they know you need them worse they need you.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They will get paid no matter what, you can bitch all you want. They couldn't care less, they know you need them worse they need you.

Yeah I know. That makes me more pissed. I should hop in the hole and fix the thing myself. Whats that movie where Michael Douglas finally snaps and.......

Beentown

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I guess what I'm saying is chill, you have every right to be upset but it won't gain you anything. Might as well make the best of it for you and your family.

I'll admit the "no comment" would have pissed me off.

rrr

I should be sleeping - BUT - Beener- if it's a gas leak, it's only natural to call the fire dept and get documentation if they are not there in the morning. An "Oh shit I smell a gas leak in the neighbor" would get their attention that you're not messing around.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wow... Unfrigginbelievable! A gas leak is waiting until the next day?!?!? Sorry to hear this. You'd think the gas company would treat this as an emergency and hash out who's paying later. Then when the water co. Doesn't want to pay they will lose in court.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Holy hell.

That is a major fugup. Like Steve said, If it's still leaking I would have the neighbor or an anonymous person call it into the fire department and complain about the smell of gas :smiley_clap:. The fire department will come out and baby sit until the gas company comes out to fix it and charge their little bill to the water company and or the gas company. They will also light a fire under somebodies ass and have it fixed by sunrise :D.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am going to guess this was cut between the meter and the house? This enables them to shut it off at the meter and not endanger anyone else. If it was cut between the street and the meter then you would have multiple homes without gas. BS no matter how you look at it. Gas leaks are nothing to joke about. We have had a gas leak which created an explosion in our township. Both the Platoon Chief and the Captain were injured and sent to the hospital. Scary scary scary stuff when the top two in command are hauled into the hospital by your medic which leaves you even shorter on personnel. SOP's in the area have changed greatly since this incident. If not mistaken, there were some training videos made for the fire departments and SOP's have changed in many departments around the country due to this incident. Our department was very fortunate we did not have any fatalities.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Gas leak calls suck. It was the worst pager tone out (fear wise) I had while running on the VFD.

The new St Rt 30 project was just getting underway and we get toned out for a huge gas leak. People from over a mile away could hear the hiss and smell the gas.

We all met at the fire station to grab trucks ( I had to drive past the scene to get to the FD and trucks and could smell gas from 598) and we had a map of underground pipelines that ran through our township and found that the area where the call came from had 12" pipe running under there. We get to the scene and pull out the binocs and scout the area because they was WAAAAYYYY out in the middle of this field and we knew we couldn't get the pumper or tankers close even if we wanted to. Anyway we see 2 guys standing next to a backhoe and the gas is just Hissing away and I would guess almost deafening up by the hole. I could smell the gas as it blew across the road (598) on my way to the fire station and thought we was all going to die that day.

Come to find out in the end it was a controlled blow done by the Columbia Gas guys getting ready to move one of the main pipelines for the new construction of ST. RT. 30 and they contacted the wrong FD notifying them of the plan to blow out the pipe :(.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
beener that sucks...that no comment shit would have pisseed me off to no end....I would have blasted that dude, or gave him 8 kinds of hell. One of the two. Doesnt matter if it remedied the situation. You would have felt better.....

No comment? Jackwod!! what a douche!

il share a little secret with you that i have used whit the gas company a few times, it gets em moving really quick , while your on the phone with them tell em hold on i gotta light my ciggerette while im looking at the gas line to see if i can fix it myself , no shitting you they had a crew at my house with in 45 minutes, they second one is while your on the phone with them tell em to hold on your newscaster friend is beeping in cause news is slow and they need a story to fill time,, i have used both and you would not be surprised how quick both of them work