Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How I roll...

Diablo54

Outside
Well........
Clothes:predator fall grey pants and coat. Realtree heavy coat. Rocky boots and Lacrosse alpha max's. Which ever tobbogin I find.

Stands:Lone wolf climber,Lots of hangons and 1 ladder.

Optics:ummmm...I think they are Burris.

Bow:Black widow SAII 45# @ 28 inches 62 inch long. Animal fur rest.

JVC high def cam and Idk the cam arm.

Thats what gets the job done.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
RC- You have what you need. No shame in that bro. Deer have been killed with less equipment than any of us have. Look at the Indians. I mean, sure, they didn't have laws to obey, but they killed deer and buffalo and such with their junk hanging out. Just sayin.

How did you guess my warm weather gear man :D. You been sneaking a peak at me in my buffalo briefs :D.

Seriously though, I know my gear isn't the best and sometimes looks like a guy that walked to the woods after hitting the Salvation Army but I have killed me some deerz with it so I know it works. Actually I thinks it's because the deerz are blind but hey, I take them however it happens lol.

themedic

OHIO
Neat post Jesse,

I snapped a pic for you today.We roll a lot alike IMO with some exceptions, mostly that my gear is not as nice.

I use a Lone Wolf. I only use 3 sticks, they get me high enough. I bungee them to my stand. To keep the stick snugged together I have tied a cloth flat bungee to what i always use as my bottom stick and use a wrap metthod with all the straps and bungee to make it noise free. The stand/stick combo is carried by a make shift military back pack that Ive cut and sewed to fit, the pack also has a couple pockets for the extra stand strap and my tree saw.

My pack is also a custom sewn fanny pack. It carries all my gear and rattling horns.

Im not sure what the outfit weighs but this is what I hunt out of ide guess 90% of the time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I hunt down here in the SW I've got a limited approach to the 80 acres I have permission to hunt. Another hunter is set up right in the middle in the best place which happens to be a funnel but I've got two places on each side of him approx. 150 yards away on both sides of him. I think he only hunts during the rut or only gun hunts which is great for me but I don't feel right by setting up closer to him not really knowing which day he might get the urge to hunt his stand. With that being said, I've got two stands set for a W to NW wind and will be mobile if the winds come from any other wind direction. I use a portable camo sheet(20ft) to drape around the perimeter of my set when hunting on the ground and have a LW hangon and LW climbing sticks if I want to get high. I try to get at least 20 to 22 feet and always carry a small saw and pruners for quick and quiet lane cleaning. I wear scent lok base layers under my only Scent Blocker 2 piece outfit(which is about as durable as toilet paper) and several other camo outfits like ASAT and Bob Frazke Winona camo gray and brown. As for boots I currently use Lacrosse 800 gr thinsulate and 1000 gram camo knee highs I got at Meijers. Dang, they're heavy! I'm looking to get a new pair of lighter weight boot but thats on the back burner for now. When hunting back home with my bro, we've got more land to hunt and rely on our honeyholes which are already set for winds out of the SW-W and NW. We are always looking for other setup spots and leave our screw in steps in the tree but loosen them up a few turns. We like to going and place the stands up during our first time in and leave them in till we've taken our deer or the other guy is done hunting. With treestands getting stolen these days we lock them in and remove the bottom 3 steps but remove them during the offseason. This is how we roll, sorry for the lengthy discription.