Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many matched sets do you have?

Diablo54

Outside
The buck Ric was talking about
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357427261.591943.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357427274.944724.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is my one matched set. Found them last year in early bow season while Hank was tracking a deer for my neighbor kid. Can't believe they had set there all winter and summer. They were right next to each other. Only could see the tines sticking up thru the leaves. Pretty cool stuff and had some nice character. Here is Garrett posing with them.uploadfromtaptalk1357444974378.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357444990472.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357445004329.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357445016430.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice set Phil! Nice mass and very little rodent damage that I can see. Had you shed hunted that spot in the spring and he dropped them after your last time looking?

Huck, you are young and ambitious, having good acreage to look in and plenty of time in which to do it is all you need. Good luck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No Ric. Had never set foot on the property before. I was there looking for a deer with Hank. It was my neighbor kid, but wasn't around here. Location was across town at his grand parent's property. I don't hunt there or shed hunt. Just been there two years in a row looking for deer for the neighbor kid.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I have zero matched sets. Oh wait, I've never found a shed at all. :smiley_blackeye: :smiley_baby:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have none. I have only found a handful of sheds in my life, most of which I found accidentally while turkey hunting. I took Mason out year before last one day looking for sheds and found one that was two years old. I knew the buck well, and haven't a clue how that antler had laid there all that time. I must have walked past it a dozen times before I found it. :) You guys that have the patience to look for them have my respect!