Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many matched sets do you have?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gordo, that's a very nice match you've got and I'm sure you will find many more in the future. You had one of the most impressive TC logs this year and I'm sure several of those bucks got by for you this season. By word of mouth or some light long distance scouting or road scout distinguish where the batched up bucks are feeding and keep running your cams near those areas. Good luck.

Chad, I remember everyone of them hoggs you've found! You have some very impressive matched sets in your collection. Hope you find more.

Buckmaster

Portage
One set and they are at the taxi getting mounted.

Attachments

• Brendan Shed Photo 2011.jpg
    Brendan Shed Photo 2011.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 154

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Buckeyebone, wow! If you have personally found 72 matched sets, my hats off TOO you! That's a lot of hunting and lots of miles walked! Unless you have a corral of penned up bucks. Lol. Seriously, that's incredible to have seventy two pairs. How many sheds do you have TOTAL? Just wondering.

buckeyebone

sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, To answer your questions i have been picking up sheds since 1988, my name is randy,I have somewhere between 900 & 1000 sheds, my best year i picked up 91. P.S. As you can probably tell I'm not too computer savvy

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, To answer your questions i have been picking up sheds since 1988, my name is randy,I have somewhere between 900 & 1000 sheds, my best year i picked up 91. P.S. As you can probably tell I'm not too computer savvy

Wow! Thanks for the additional info Randy! You have an unbelievable collection, congratulations!!! I know it's fun and very rewarding but also know how much walking is involved TOO.

Welcome to the site TOO.

My bro just found his first of the year an hour or so ago and then found its mate alittle later. A heavy nice set TOO...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is my bros(full bore) collection of matched sets

Lucky fuggar! J/K bro! You earned every one of em!

He found his 24th set today as a matter of fact!lol They are the heavy based set on the far right column with multi-brows 3rd set from the bottom.

Last edited:
Wow that is quite a collection FB!
I really started a few years ago and only have one set.
That represents untold miles of walking.
What kind of areas do you concentrate on? Do you grid search?
My best year I found 9 sheds and thought that was great

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, I log a lot of miles in Janurary and February on my Rhino. I try too cover as much ground as fast and efficiently as possible. Only fields in those two months, but as the horns really start dropping I take my walking stick, back pack and hoof it. Bedding sancuary's and crab apple thickets. Pines are another great place to look. My best piece of advice TOO anybody, is try to keep the sun at your back, the glare off the sun can really hide those things and you may walk right by one.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
:smiley_clap: Congrats Mike!!! Hey, a shed is a shed and you found 2! How far apart were they and did you take the "ATL"? I enjoy the picture taking before I pick them up immensely.:pickle:

Call it foreplay if you will......lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Jesse. Nice find Mike, your on the board. Lol. Believe it or not, it gets easier to find them once you score.

I don't know why, but it is true. I walked around for nearly two years. Logged many miles. Walked right up on one while coyote hunting and ended up finding 7 that year. Not saying it is easy, but it seems to get "easier". Still wouldn't say I am good at it, but I enjoy it immensely. Relaxing to get out in the woods.

Big congrats Mike Cotty! Matched set is a matched set brother! Smaller ones are harder to find because they are, well, smaller. lmao