Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How Often Do You Carry.

How often.

• It's always in my Truck

• Only when going somewhere sketchy

• Rarely ever

• You know I keep that thang on me.

• Everywhere but at work

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
It's in my truck 24/7 but I don't have a locking console or glovebox (effing Chevy). I worry some potlicker is gonna break in and steal the damn thing one of these days. I'm pretty good at remembering to double check it before going to bed, but I'm not flawless.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
90% of the time, glock45 appendix iwb with a tier 1 concealed axis holster. I tuck the seatbelt behind it or secure it between the seats on the right side or in the lower door compartment on the left side but i dont like that much in case of an accident, dont want any loose objects. If i cant have it on me for whatever reason, it’s in a bag with some medical, nothing heavy, but some rats tourniquets, quikclot and chest seals. I never leave it in the truck, id rather not take it in that case. If my family isnt with me and im feeling lazy, i’ll leave at home but that’s usually a quick trip. And i feel bad for not carrying the entire time. Not paranoid, just would never want to need it and not have it. I also think it’s not smart to not have medical. Id almost always like to have a tourniquet, chest seal, and quikclot than a gun, if i had to choose. And sometimes i do choose medical only. It’s lightweight and takes up no space. I do not have trauma sheers but that should be a staple. Sometimes i do leave that in truck. I never open carry unless I’m hunting or working on private property. It’s not the NPCs who would never notice it, it’s the bad actor who would snatch one in a moment of opportunity behind me in line at a gas station, or the guy committing a robbery or mass shooting happening to see that first and start with me. Pretty far down the rabbit hole i know, but it only takes once. But it’s just part of life now and has become quite easy and enjoyable.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
I’ll also say my holster of choice mentioned above carries a spare mag. It’s no additional discomfort or inconvenience. Not because i think i’ll be in some gun battle and empty the mag, but the mag is the most common failure point. Also, appendix iwb is quickest draw for the carrier from standing, accessible and hidden in fetal position if you were to be attacked, especially from behind, and most difficult for an aggressor to see or access. Ok im done.

Carried every day in a IWB Raw Dog holster. Been carrying for 7 years now and at first I wouldn't always bring it with me everywhere I went. Now it is part of my checklist when I leave the house: wallet, phone, pea shooter, keys.... I carry into work and place it with my belongings, no problem doing that either since we often work late and have had some real oddballs walk in to ask to use the bathroom or directions. About the only time it comes off my hip is a school function or going into a post office, otherwise it's there. I definitely take it serious as I am usually the DD if we go out to dinner or other places. My evening ritual is to double check that I put it in the nightstand before going to bed. The times when I had it in the center console of the truck and forgot to bring it in, I've had a little panic set in when I check the nightstand and it's not there. Left it out over night one time and the truck was unlocked the next morning, bout shit myself.

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One is always in my truck. I was in a position to carry most times when some staff here at the school were trained and we were carrying. Then Ohio made that a no-no. We are soon to be allowed again, but Ohio is ironing out the details for school personnel to carry.

Other than that, I'm with Jesse and Dustin... I'm carrying unless I'm at place where I may have a few.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
95% of the time I'm carrying OWB anymore and could give a shit less about printing. Hell, half the time my shirt rides up behind my gun and I don't even notice that I've been open carrying until that night. 😅. The average person isn't situationally aware enough to even notice it under a shirt much less think it's a firearm. If they even notice it at all it could be a phone, leatherman, or even a colostomy bag.

On some occasions I carry IWB but that's pretty rare, I got tired of my firearm or holster digging in my side. My kimber is pretty slim and I would simply tuck a pocket holster in my strong side waistband but it would still be noticeable to me. I got an OWB holster from 1791 gun leather and couldn't be more happier or comfortable.
View attachment 164560
Which kimber is that? I have a 380 micro and love it. I am looking to add a 9mm

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Which kimber is that? I have a 380 micro and love it. I am looking to add a 9mm

Yep micro 380. I thought about adding the micro 9 but its still a single stack 7+1 so I don't see the benefit personally. There's always the age old debate about stopping power etc but for me it just fits. Super easy to carry and conceal if need be so I always have it on me, which is by far the most important aspect of a defensive gun imo. Unlike those plastic 380s it's a metal gun, so I can run a 3-shot string in a hair under a second from first shot to third and keep it in the chest area at 15 feet. Or mag dump all 7 in about 2.5 seconds. (First shot to last, no transitions, sight work, or draw times. Straight point and let her rip). It's not some big fo five, but I figure 3-7 in the chest before dude even comprehends it should be enough.