Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HS & MS football journal

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I couldn't locate a thread similar to the baseball journal w/o a specific year attached (sorry Ben), so here it is wide open for many years to come hopefully. A place to share your high school and middle school football action for family, friends, community.

Ty, our oldest, is going into 7th grade this year which is the start of real football around here (no pee wee). Their MS Principal and Vice took the main coaching roles and I'll be assisting. We handed out equipment last Thursday, and a good problem of strong numbers and big boys (shortage of certain size pads and pants) was experienced. Ty's excited, and will be looking to play WR and DB. And we're off.......!
20240722_123447~3.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
In addition, Freedom Field, started to get its turf installed this past Saturday! Max Soviak will be memorialized on each 27yrd line, it's going to be an amazing dedication during the first home varsity game. We were one of last local schools to switch from grass to turf, timing to remember and honor him were aligned for a reason.

All 3 boys currently show a love for the game, that can certainly change at any moment. But my hope is we have 10+yrs of MS & HS football ahead of us as a family, and we make Max proud!

FB_IMG_1721687365478.jpg

FB_IMG_1721687368159.jpg

FB_IMG_1721687370655.jpg

FB_IMG_1721687378556.jpg

FB_IMG_1721687384485.jpg

FB_IMG_1721687356739.jpg

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Chills...going to be an honor for all those who get to play on it and an opportunity to remember those who have fallen.Every.Single.Time!

Summer workouts wrap up tomorrow AM. Ty will clock in with 100% attendance, proud of him and coaches have provided praise on his work ethic when picking him up. First real practice start Thursday, pads next Mon., full contact next Weds.🤘

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
7th/8th grade scrimmage was last Thursday on Freedom Field, with chills and Max's spirit draped over the teams and community as we took the field. Pregame talk we explained the importance of focus, fun, but handling business, and they did just that. This was the first scheduled competion on Freedom Field, what an honor for all involved.

First game is next Thursday at home, we have work to do but you could see and feel warrior seeds beginning to sprout. I could not make films, but Ty was one of a few who received recognition. He wears #12 for practice, but chose #41 for games. He is a HB on O, and a SS on D. Our programs future is bright and tonight we watch varsity in their first scrimmage. We got bumped to Div 5. this year, and God willing no major injuries, I expect them to be playing deep into November. The coaching staff, the returning letterman, Freedom Field, the community.....the potential is there!

Edison 7th Grade Scrimmage_IMG_7270.jpg

Edison 7th Grade Scrimmage_IMG_6888.jpg

Edison 7th Grade Scrimmage_IMG_7186.jpg