Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huge Road Kill

badger

*Supporting Member*
My buddy seen this one being checked in at Gander Mt in Sheffield. The guy tried to say he shot it with a bow, but Adam said it was very obvious it is a road kill. At first the guy said it came from Wakemen, then he said Norwalk. Adam knows the guy and knows he doesn't hunt either of those areas. None the less it's a huge buck!

badger

*Supporting Member*
A picture would probably be nice, duh!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
TK and Mike had a video about this..

[video=youtube;Z-3BBRbGsoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3BBRbGsoI&feature=related[/video]

rrr

What a shame.

Why make that up? A guy in our area last year found a huge one dead. He goes, nope didn't shoot it, it was dead. I'm tagging it and keeping the rack though.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Nice buck. My ? is who's the dumbass that put the tag where they did??? And I don't see 250 some odd inches there.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow!
Why do people feel the need to lie though?
Some want to have recognition of something like killing a monster whitetail and be thought of as a, Great White Hunter, so to speak! What a douche! Hell of a buck though and I agree with JD, not a 250 but likely a 210 to 225. His right side is alot smaller than his left. JMO1

badger

*Supporting Member*
Nice buck. My ? is who's the dumbass that put the tag where they did??? And I don't see 250 some odd inches there.

I asked the same question about the tag. Adam said it was a young girl that tagged it. It has been my experience they will hire anybody at Gander Mt.

What do you mean about 250 odd inches?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Maybe he was hunting with his truck? There was a guy a few years back with this beefed up truck selling DVD's of deer he'd deliberately run over. A bunch of us contacted the state DNR, I believe it was Illinois, and they were supposed to be investigating him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is possible the tag didn't clasp at the base so they had to move it up higher. When I checked in my buck in 2008 the guy was getting ready to give up and move it above the brow tines when he heard it click. He said he has only had to do that twice. Nice deer either way though. Too bad he had to make up a story about it.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Yep, I just realised that this one looks a lot like the Castilia buck. Maybe JD thought I was posting pics of the same deer?????

I went back through this thread and I don't know why I even said that. Nobody even said what this buck was supposed to score. I think I must have read the castilla buck and got mixed up on whitch thread I was on. My bad???