Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Boot Recommendations

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got my Crispi Lapponia GTX
Boots yesterday.
These things fit great at my size 12 and super lightweight.
I wanted a lighter weight boot and these are 16oz each.
Should be good for hiking and great for hunting Mule Deer in Wyoming.
Will break em in some during turkey season and check back in to report how they work out.View attachment 124002View attachment 124000
Awesome Brian! Nice boots.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I'm happy I went with the purchase so far. No buyers remorse lol. Last Friday when I got mine I took my work boots off and put on the nevada's. At first I'm like people think this is comfortable?. Going from two year old broken in to brand new stiff as fuck was not the thing to do. By time Sunday rolled around I was like these are the best boots I ever had on my feet lol. There's no way you could roll your ankle wearing them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm happy I went with the purchase so far. No buyers remorse lol. Last Friday when I got mine I took my work boots off and put on the nevada's. At first I'm like people think this is comfortable?. Going from two year old broken in to brand new stiff as fuck was not the thing to do. By time Sunday rolled around I was like these are the best boots I ever had on my feet lol. There's no way you could roll your ankle wearing them.
Yea, definitely a weird feeling when you first put them on. Mainly because for most folks they’re probably the first boots that they’ve owned that truly provide a good level of ankle support. The downside is, after you wear the Crispi boots for any significant amount of time, all of your other boots feel like total garbage on your feet. Lol

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I'm thinking that if I just dedicate them to hunting and hiking and not turn them into everyday wear ( which is going to be hard to do ) that it will be years before I'm going to need another pair.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Second good long walkabout and I'm pretty pleased. When you gotta lock in the hubs and get vertical, they perform better than any boot I've ever had. Need to wear my OTC socks and not my shorter pairs, but we're off to a good start after the first 5 miles on them.

20210403_093420.jpg
Screenshot_20210403-093212_onX Hunt.jpg

Attachments

• 20210403_093420.jpg
    20210403_093420.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20210403-093212_onX Hunt.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-093212_onX Hunt.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 130

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Jesse. Glad to hear you like them so far.

I have no idea how many miles I’ve put on these so far, but so far I’m very happy with the Wyoming’s. They’re more of a “hiker” style which is fitting me really well as a field-work boot. I can see these making their way into the turkey woods this spring as well.

ED0A580D-6871-4E7F-B19E-3A60C66DA551.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How is the breathability on these?
Wore mine from 6-11AM yesterday and was legitimately surprised at how dry my feet were. I've been wearing wool socks for a while, but they'll still get wet when stuffed in a boot that doesn't breathe. It's common to see me leave wet footprints across the hardwood after taking off my boots, but not yesterday. Very pleased with that part..