Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Boot Recommendations

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
After wearing the crispi boots for a few months I really like em, been wearing them at work everyday and when I was out turkey hunting with no issues. Nice and lightweight and fit really well.
Went ahead and got me another pair of them.
20210602_094144.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would buck the trend and say slightly small. I'm a 12 or 13 depending on brand and bought a pair of 12.5s. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right, so it's right on the edge of being a proper fit. My right is money. Overall, I'm still really pleased. I'm up to 15 miles or so and they're getting better by the step.

Reactions: Jamie

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would buck the trend and say slightly small. I'm a 12 or 13 depending on brand and bought a pair of 12.5s. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right, so it's right on the edge of being a proper fit. My right is money. Overall, I'm still really pleased. I'm up to 15 miles or so and they're getting better by the step.
Mine definitely felt “slightly small” at first. But the more I wear them and the more they break in, they seem to fit better and better, and no longer feel small. They simply fit different (in a good way) than any other boots I’ve had. Hard to put it into words.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ugly as hell, but I bet they're comfortable and well made. I spent 6 hours in mine on Sunday while weedeating road banks and mowing. They get better by the wear. Not sure how that translates to this pair, but I do believe Crispi does it right.

Jamie

Ohio
I've been considering this same model, but I'm willing to pay full price to not have to look at those horrendous colors. those are fugly ass boots.

I'd prefer the Laponia, but they are out of stock. Boarhead musta got the last pair. :( want to try out one of these lower cut, lightweight hiker style boots for work and general use. if they are wonderful, maybe get the uninsulated Guide GTX for squirrel hunting.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Midway USA has the olive color Thor II GTX on sale for $247 right now as well. I’ve read a lot of great reviews on those boots but I could do the orange color either. The green looks alright.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been considering this same model, but I'm willing to pay full price to not have to look at those horrendous colors. those are fugly ass boots.

I'd prefer the Laponia, but they are out of stock. Boarhead musta got the last pair. :( want to try out one of these lower cut, lightweight hiker style boots for work and general use. if they are wonderful, maybe get the uninsulated Guide GTX for squirrel hunting.
Jamie did you check black ovis and the crispi site?