Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Boot Recommendations

Jamie

Ohio
thanks, Brian, but that won't be necessary. I'm on notification lists for when they come back in stock in 11 1/2. and I'll keep checking myself.

Reactions: Boarhead

angelzd28

I wont wear anything but Lowa boots(besides rubber boots in some hunting situations). Between military or hunting boots, IMO they cant be beat for immediate comfort. A little spendy but well worth it.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Bought mine from Black Ovis. Pretty decent customer service. I also got some of the Crispi boot dressing. I have some really good Redwing boot conditioner but after more research I am only going to use what's recommended by Crispi.

Reactions: Boarhead

Jamie

Ohio
I got a package today...

IMG_3482.jpg

I like the way they fit my feet. feel really good walking around the house. fit is perfect. I really got these for working, but tomorrow I'll see if they are any good for tromping around looking for fungi. :D

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I got a package today...

View attachment 132083
I like the way they fit my feet. feel really good walking around the house. fit is perfect. I really got these for working, but tomorrow I'll see if they are any good for tromping around looking for fungi. :D
You’re going to love them. Guaranteed. I wear my Wyoming GTXs exclusively for field work now. They just keep getting better every time I wear em.

Jamie

Ohio
I got to test these boots in every meaningful way possible since taking them out of the box. wore them out to gather Chanterelles. I got soaked from the waist down walking through dew covered tall grass and weeds to get to the goodies. feet dry as a bone. Plenty of extension ladder work this week, and I really like the rigidity of the sole. not rock hard, but stiff enough to make standing on a 2" wide ladder rung more comfortable. working on an 8/12 roof is difficult, but walkable. soles were adequately grippy to keep me from sliding around too much. these are impressive boots. maybe the best I've ever had on my feet. I'll put off retirement for another year or two and get another pair. 😆

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just put an order in for another pair of Crispi boots. Gonna try the Summit GTX. Pretty sure I will like them. Not sure if I will wear these or the Lapponia boots while hunting in Wyoming this Fall. When crispi says waterproof they don't lie..been wearing a pair while shed hunting out in the sloppy ground this month and my feet are still dry. Been waiting awhile to get them in my size 12, seems like it has been hit or miss on sizes the past year.
Screenshot_20220318-151421_Chrome.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Just a heads up on my experience with the Nevada's and sizing. I went by reviews and ordered my size which is perfect with just standard white work socks. Now hunting seasons here and I'm hunting the first week of November with cold temps I hate cold feet and although I never hunted cold weather with these boots I ended up wearing a pair of hunting socks with them. Didn't really start to notice a problem until late morning hunting La su Ann with a lot of hills. By the end of the day I could barely walk my feet hurt so bad. Long story but I ended up loosing both large toe toenails which are half grown back if you want pics lol. So for me it would have been better to at least go up a half size.

• Wow
Reactions: Redhunter1012

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just a heads up on my experience with the Nevada's and sizing. I went by reviews and ordered my size which is perfect with just standard white work socks. Now hunting seasons here and I'm hunting the first week of November with cold temps I hate cold feet and although I never hunted cold weather with these boots I ended up wearing a pair of hunting socks with them. Didn't really start to notice a problem until late morning hunting La su Ann with a lot of hills. By the end of the day I could barely walk my feet hurt so bad. Long story but I ended up loosing both large toe toenails which are half grown back if you want pics lol. So for me it would have been better to at least go up a half size.
Man what a bummer for your toes!

For some reason the sizing on the Guides and Nevadas seems to run a little smaller than other models. My Wyomings fit me absolutely perfectly… but my Guides in the exact same size are noticeably more snug. It’s not a big deal for me thankfully because I don’t usually wear them when it’s cold. If I wanted to wear heavy socks with them I would definitely prefer at least a half-size bigger boot.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah I have the insulated ones also. They are awesome boots for sure. Put some miles on them at Old Man's cave on one trip and another to Cuyahoga national park with the crazy terrain at both those places they performed perfectly. Even now with my broke leg it's medical boot one foot Crispy on the other. Just no thick socks lol.

Reactions: Sgt Fury