Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hurricane Ida.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look what the cat drug in. Likely pushed out of hiding by the storm surge and rains. It's called an eastern glass lizard. A legless lizard which is stuck in the evolutionary in-between of a lizard that lost its legs but never fully evolved into a snake.

20210901_222514.jpg

Look what the cat drug in. Likely pushed out of hiding by the storm surge and rains. It's called an eastern glass lizard. A legless lizard which is stuck in the evolutionary in-between of a lizard that lost its legs but never fully evolved into a snake.

View attachment 134477
By holding him with the snake tongs I'm assuming they can bite but are the poisonous in any way?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
By holding him with the snake tongs I'm assuming they can bite but are the poisonous in any way?
Nah. Those are just cheap old people grabbers I use for sticks. I'll. . Not poisonous and don't prefer to bite. They can't really bite ya anyway as their mouths are really small. I picked them up when Jessica came and told me the cat brought a snak up on the porch. If ya got them they're fun to try to pick stuff up with. 😅

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

View attachment 134477

Ha. That's exactly why they're named that. Their tail breaks off really easy like a lizard

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Good, getting back to some normalcy. Hunter is at the camp doing his thing. Dj is at the Dept working and will probably be held overtime tomorrow. I’m off but not off for 3 days. Will try to clean up some and drink my share of beer. Thanks for asking

thinking about going to load up all the cut up oak laying on the side the road. Firewood size logs

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Power off again. Had a squall conversation me through, I guess another tree fell or tree cutters for private fucked something up. Supposed to be restored in another hour and been off since I came home from work. This will happen often since the power company can’t cut any trees unless it’s in the servitude.