Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I have this cheap...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
muzzle loader that I can't seem to get rid of. I have had it for years and nary a problem. It still has the caps instead of 209. The stock is cracked and when I got it...well she was completely locked up. The former owner had shot it, not cleaned it, and let it rot in his WET basement for over a year.

I let her sit with some Industrial BreakFree for 3 days. I finally got the bolt back and the nipple out. Bought a new nipple and gave her some TLC. They just don't give them the blueing like this. Reminds me of an old Colt.

I have had many muzzies since but this is the only one that I keep. Every so often I dance with a new girl but she always comes home with me. I will probably buy another but it is going to take some serious accuracy to take its place.

Went out to put up more "To catch a thief" items and drug it along to make sure it is ready for tomorrow. Threw a few down range on an old target backer at 117 yards standing leaning the gun against a field expedient rest :smiley_chinrub::

It is a T/C Thunderhawk in .50 caliber. I paid $10 for the gun and scope. I wish I could find another stock for it but no dice:

The scope is off because it is currently being cleaned.

Beentown

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
To explain the target. I forgot to bring something to make a dot so I stuck a weed in the box. The shots are around my wedding ring. All the others you see are old from shooting the other side of it. I made my target holder a size so I can use old pizza boxes as backers.

Beentown

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I have the same gun with a scope Charles.... I bought mine used about 7 years ago, and I don't get it out nearly enough. The only thing I did was buy the 209 conversion kit and switch it out so I don't shoot caps. I'm kinda sad that I'm not going to be out there chasing deer with it this weekend because it's a great shooting gun. I've only shot at two deer with it, and they both ended up in the freezer.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
That is a good rifle, I'll check I might know where to get a stock for it.

My first inline was a Thunderhawk, got it in 1994. It was my go to gun until an Encore followed me home. The only issues for me with the Thunderhawk is I'm left handed and moving the lever from safe to fire is a little awkward and my fingers didn't fit to reach the nipple very well. I put a Weaver 1-3 on it. They are excellent rifles, mine killed a bunch of deer with 100 gr Pyrodex and 250 R.E.A.L. bullets and 240 gr XTPs.

Buckrun

Thought I had a stock for you. I had a TC inline that the guy I got it from had put a black plastic stock on. I sold the gun but found I still had the wood stock. I think it was a Firehawk. It look a little different than yours. The green and red dots are one in front of the other. Yours is one above the other. I was going to let you have it but I don't think it will work.