Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I really got away with one tonight

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thank you for sharing your story, JB. Proud of you for manning up and sharing your learning moment with the rest of us. I did something very similar to a BB the year I hunted with a hinged back tension. He turned as I was going through the shot process and I drilled him in the back of the head. He was also tuned in and at the edge of my effective range. Dropped stone dead in his tracks, but that wasn't the intent.

Fresh backstraps for dinna!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Congrats on the trad harvest. Definitely a humbling experience. I had a similar situation Monday evening. Only difference was mine ended in a clean miss about an inch or two over her back as her stomach was rubbing the ground. It is amazing how fast they can hit the ground and spin to dodge an arrow.

It's definitely a learning experience. Enjoy the harvest.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on your first trad. harvest JB!!
Technically second, but who's counting. 🤷‍♂️ 😂
894289A8-9494-4E28-AB28-275B33535D3F.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations Jimmer!!!! Thanks for sharing as this is a great place to help each other learn through trials and tribulations. Great read and enjoy the table fare buddy....👍🏻

Reactions: jagermeister
jagermeister,
Excellent write up and vivid story line! (y) I could visualize the hunt unravel as it was written.

I've hunted with a recurve and enjoyed it. However, I can't shoot consistently enough to feel comfortable hunting with it. :rolleyes:
Plus, it's too hard to pass up the "pin point" accuracy that my compound provides.

Congratulations on your doe and a fine recovery! :cool:
Bowhunter57

Reactions: Mike