Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Icefishing Erie Gear / Walleye

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Another lure that accounts for 100's of iced walleye every year. I prefer the smaller sizes. The black/silver combo has been the best closely followed by the blue/silver. misc 004.jpg

One thing I don't think I have in any of the pics is a stinger hook. Basicly a small treble hook attached to the bottom of you lure of choice. If I am getting "short bites" I add one of these and bait it with 3 minnows. Those short biters end up on the ice. I guess that is something else worth mentioning, I bait all of the hooks on a given lure. On a pimple I put three on the treble, if I am running a stinger I put 3 on that also.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
This is what I carry in the front left comparment of my quad.
1)Paperwork for quad, you will get checked
2)Matches/lighter
3)Light that plugs into power port in quad
4)Extra bungees and parts for tire chains
5)Tight fitting mechanic's gloves
6)Zip ties

All of that stuff is more gear that takes up little space but can save a trip. I also carry spare fuses for the quad and all the stuff is packed in ziploc bags to make it easy to find and protect it from moisture.
misc 011.jpg

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
This is what goes in the rear compartment in addition to the stuff the manufacturer puts in there.
1)More bungees and ratchet straps
2)Small tool kit
3)Spare hitch pin
4)Small Flashlight(not in pic)

Agian all of this stuff can save your day or someone else's, it is amazing how many go out unprepared.

hunter-snow 001.jpg

Last edited:

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I still have to get to rods, reels, shanty, and how to haul all of it. I'm working on it. With bow season over hopefully if the snow does not keep coming and I am not on the quad plowing I can get this thread finished up:smiley_depressive: