Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

If you could go back..

Diablo54

Outside
Very good post Phil. I will see what all I can handle the first week. Then I will have to break the news to a few clients. Should I give them a 2 week notice or should I just drop them and reccomend someone?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Very good post Phil. I will see what all I can handle the first week. Then I will have to break the news to a few clients. Should I give them a 2 week notice or should I just drop them and reccomend someone?

Always leave on good terms.... you never know when you'll need too go back too them....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Always leave on good terms.... you never know when you'll need too go back too them....

I agree with J. I would not leave them high and dry. Be professional. Let them know what is going on. Agree on a time period whether it is 2wks or whatever. If you have several reputable names to refer to them I guess that is your call. I think personally I would politely and professionally tell them you are losing your partner, and feel it is best to reduce some accounts because you know your limits They will look at this mature, professional, and should respect this. You recognize you will not be able to provide the level of service they have come to expect with only half the work force. You would rather bow out gracefully than deliver crappy service. Then you tell them Jake is a piece of shit that dumped them on you with little notice. I am kidding on the last part.

Best of luck to BOTH of you! Going to be new challenges for Taylor and Jake.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
That's the way to do it Phil, I'm sure our accounts will understand and won't be mad or anything. Our mowing has been a good run that I hate to see stopped but I knew that it was gonna happen eventually. I'd say we'll always have a few yards though, I enjoy it too much not to.

Last edited: