Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Impulse purchases

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am pretty good about not making impulse purchases at the grocery or gas station. Tonight I made an exception. My truck was fueled, cashier was getting me some skoal and I looked at my wallet. All I could think is "George Castanza would be proud!" Only thing my wallet was missing was the rubber band holding all the crap together. I bought a Genuine Leather $8.99 gas station wallet.:smiley_bagonhead: Not sure I should be proud, but I am still laughing about it as I type. Don't know why it strikes me as odd and humorous, but just never thought i would buy a wallet at a gas station. Maybe I should take a pic of the old wallet just to give you an idea how desperate of shape it was in.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am pretty good about not making impulse purchases at the grocery or gas station. Tonight I made an exception. My truck was fueled, cashier was getting me some skoal and I looked at my wallet. All I could think is "George Castanza would be proud!" Only thing my wallet was missing was the rubber band holding all the crap together. I bought a Genuine Leather $8.99 gas station wallet.:smiley_bagonhead: Not sure I should be proud, but I am still laughing about it as I type. Don't know why it strikes me as odd and humorous, but just never thought i would buy a wallet at a gas station. Maybe I should take a pic of the old wallet just to give you an idea how desperate of shape it was in.

Did it have a rebel flag on it? Or some catchy saying? ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No, but it did say: "This wallet Property of JOE DIRT!":smiley_crazy:

IMG00122-20100821-2348 castanza.jpg

Here is the Castanza special!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice to see you Ohiosam! The chain is long enough to reach the belt loop with a bit of a droop in it! Wouldn't expect any less would you?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No worries Dante. You are not alone in gun purchases as impulse buys. I am sure many can relate to this one.

Been bit by that one many times... The great news is they usually appreciate in value so it's more of an investment. ;)

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
I'm amazed how much stuff I realize I need on cabelas website after I've had a few beers. My last impulse purchase was a bunch of stuff on this website called goinggear.com. I have too many flashlights, now I have too many plus two more, plus a titanium spork.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I'm amazed how much stuff I realize I need on cabelas website after I've had a few beers. My last impulse purchase was a bunch of stuff on this website called goinggear.com. I have too many flashlights, now I have too many plus two more, plus a titanium spork.

You never know when you're gonna need that bad boy, nice buy,lol!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA

No kidding! Camofire.com is just as bad. Good thing they can't take an FPO address! If they did I'd be broke!!