Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Impulse purchases

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
I am pretty good about not making impulse purchases at the grocery or gas station. Tonight I made an exception. My truck was fueled, cashier was getting me some skoal and I looked at my wallet. All I could think is "George Castanza would be proud!" Only thing my wallet was missing was the rubber band holding all the crap together. I bought a Genuine Leather $8.99 gas station wallet.:smiley_bagonhead: Not sure I should be proud, but I am still laughing about it as I type. Don't know why it strikes me as odd and humorous, but just never thought i would buy a wallet at a gas station. Maybe I should take a pic of the old wallet just to give you an idea how desperate of shape it was in.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am pretty good about not making impulse purchases at the grocery or gas station. Tonight I made an exception. My truck was fueled, cashier was getting me some skoal and I looked at my wallet. All I could think is "George Castanza would be proud!" Only thing my wallet was missing was the rubber band holding all the crap together. I bought a Genuine Leather $8.99 gas station wallet.:smiley_bagonhead: Not sure I should be proud, but I am still laughing about it as I type. Don't know why it strikes me as odd and humorous, but just never thought i would buy a wallet at a gas station. Maybe I should take a pic of the old wallet just to give you an idea how desperate of shape it was in.

Did it have a rebel flag on it? Or some catchy saying? ;)

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
I'm amazed how much stuff I realize I need on cabelas website after I've had a few beers. My last impulse purchase was a bunch of stuff on this website called goinggear.com. I have too many flashlights, now I have too many plus two more, plus a titanium spork.

5Cent

Supporting Member
Huron County, OH
I'm amazed how much stuff I realize I need on cabelas website after I've had a few beers. My last impulse purchase was a bunch of stuff on this website called goinggear.com. I have too many flashlights, now I have too many plus two more, plus a titanium spork.
You never know when you're gonna need that bad boy, nice buy,lol!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
No kidding! Camofire.com is just as bad. Good thing they can't take an FPO address! If they did I'd be broke!!