Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In Memoriam

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brtian... So sorry to hear of your Dads passing.... May he rest in peace... Sounds like you guys spent alot of quality time in the outdoors.... Now that hes gone remember those good times and forever keep him in your heart... My Dad passed back in 1992 and from time to time I'll go sit in one of his favorite spots and just reflect on somes of the times we shared lunch there... I got him started late on spring turkeys but boy he sure loved hearing the woods come alive and hearing a distance gobble...I remember him asking me if I got his turkey permit the last time he was in the hospital... Before turkey season he passed....You'll find yourself thinking of him alot when your out in the woods.... Last time out I saw a set of fox tracks in the snow and wondered out loud: What do you think Dad, a red or grey??? Dads are the best.... The road ahead will get easier but those memories will be forever etched in your brain and he'll always be looking over you... Prayers being said for him and you and your family.....
Thanks Rich!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great tribute Brian. You and your family crossed my mind today. I know it was a rough day for your family. All a man can hope for when leaving this world is a legacy left to his children, he did that. I don’t know the rest of your family, but I do know he left this world proud of the son he left behind. You’re a good man Brian, and your dad knew that.
Thanks for the kind words Brock appreciate it buddy.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My Dad passed July of 2017. As you can see, him and Mom are my profile pic. They leave a big void when they pass, but they never leave you. You just don't get the luxury of talking to them in person anymore. I didn't know your dad, but you are a direct reflection on him. Brock nailed it. I can't say it any better than he did. Knowing you tells me your Pops was a fine man. He did great in raising you. You have my number if you need to bend an ear. Lord knows I can talk. I have the ability to listen too though. Hang in there buddy. I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks Phil appreciate it.