Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Invasion of the Turkey Snatchers.

Isaacorps

Columbus
That's the key man. Turkey hunting is a team sport and way more fun that way. You just gotta have fun and enjoy the process. It's not like the stress and pressure that accompanies hunting a monster buck, it's just a big stupid bird.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 This is why it’s so fun! Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Listened to three Tom's this morning. Good beards on each of them. The trouble is we're not 100% sure which way they're going to pitch. I forced them to pitch the direction we want them to by letting them see me standing where we dont want them to fly to. Hopefully in the morning they remember me being there and dont fly that way.

We may need to do a little area denial tonight to make them roost further back so they can't fly off the roost and land where we dont want them to be. We shall see.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alex went to watch and see where the birds flew up last night and ended up bumping in to a guy who claimed he was mushroom hunting, but had a diaphragm call in his mouth. Needless to say the birds were not roosted where they have been and were totally silent this morning. Yesterday morning there were three Tom's in there with one that was gobbling his ass off. Then as we were leaving there were two guy setup on on the grass lane just standing there 10 feet from their decoy. Faces all painted like a slut with too much mascara who got throat fucked. You know what I'm talking about, the international face paint symbol for "I'm a dumb fuck".
images (1).jpegJason 3.jpg

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
It's all the shit you can't control that makes turkey hunting hard . Other people and hens are the biggest obstacle .
I could write a long list of stupid bullshit that has derailed "slam dunk " hunts . Now I just go and pleasantly surprised when things don't go haywire.

We always make fun of the face painters when we're good hunting . I've thought about getting my face painted like a panda or a kitty . Then take a hidden camera and go to the public duck Marsh hunting sometime just to see what sort of reaction I'd get

Reactions: Isaacorps

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's all the shit you can't control that makes turkey hunting hard . Other people and hens are the biggest obstacle .
I could write a long list of stupid bullshit that has derailed "slam dunk " hunts . Now I just go and pleasantly surprised when things don't go haywire.

We always make fun of the face painters when we're good hunting . I've thought about getting my face painted like a panda or a kitty . Then take a hidden camera and go to the public duck Marsh hunting sometime just to see what sort of reaction I'd get

That would be hilarious. How about just a giant black vagina. Forehead to chin.

I'm not a huge fan of laws but Kentucky has one that I think every state should have.

A person shall not mimic the sound of a turkey in an area open to turkey hunting and where turkeys are reasonably expected to be present from March 1 until the opening of the youth-only turkey season, and from the close of the youth-only turkey season until the opening of the state-wide turkey season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
To beat an asshole sometimes you have to be the bigger asshole. Operation roost busters starts tonight and will commence until they get tired of waking up at 4:30 hunting ghosts, or we alter their roost pattern to the adjoining property where we have exclusive permission.

GifMeme17333322042019.gif

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
You know what they say. When the going gets tough, the tough turn into spiteful little bitches. :ROFLMAO:

You paid me back in full....when you said you laughed you’re ass off with that vergina/butthole...well I just had the same reaction when I saw the “y’all ain’t killing no turkeys” meme. I actually got up and walked into the other room to show my wife. She looked at me like I was the three eyed raven.

Reactions: Jackalope

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I love rural king but our local city getting one made all the inner city douches buy a flextone decoy, face paint, crow call and diaphram. Turkey hunting is becoming the new cool fad round here. I told Joe it goes in cycles, every couple years ive always dealt with these dipshits.