Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Investing

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nice little play. 156% ROI in 8 weeks. Wish they all did that!

Screenshot_20200715-160657_SoFi.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cumulatively I'm up over 50% across the board on my stocks. Haven't really looked at IRAs. I let them ride and forget about them. As of today I don't own a single stock that isn't up from where I bought it. Letting them ride.

Not saying I have a ton of money in individual stocks, but I'm pretty pleased to see this. Hopefully many of you are in a similar situation. I don't believe I'm an anomaly.

Reactions: jagermeister

Buckmaster

Portage
Keep an eye on Workhorse: WKHS They own 10% of Lordstown Motors making the new Endurance truck to compete with Tesla.

Attachments

• 3170904F-C6D6-404F-AE1C-E7C2BF5611AE.png
    3170904F-C6D6-404F-AE1C-E7C2BF5611AE.png
    216 KB · Views: 402

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Would be awesome to see it split! Things still seem weird to me. We are reaching record highs across all indexes, national debt is at a crazy high level, employment still shows revovery is trying to get going, only big box stores and Ecomm are beating their marks, housing starts still suck. What is this run built on right now?

What are your thoughts should Biden win?

Reactions: hickslawns

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Tesla's board already approved the split effective for all stockholders as of COB today. My 0.23 share will finally be somewhat whole!

I think optimism is carrying the market as much as anything. Sounds weird, but I'm not sure what else it could be but belief we'll rebound sufficiently from all of this. If Biden wins, markets will tank due to people hedging and hunkering down in anticipation of increasing taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would be awesome to see it split! Things still seem weird to me. We are reaching record highs across all indexes, national debt is at a crazy high level, employment still shows revovery is trying to get going, only big box stores and Ecomm are beating their marks, housing starts still suck. What is this run built on right now?

What are your thoughts should Biden win?

We pumped $13T in debt into the economy? The fed essentially stated "we will do whatever we have to to keep economy going. And by the way, these interest rates are hanging near zero for unforeseen amount of time."

If Biden wins? Everything tanks. Trump takes the blame.

Reactions: 5Cent