Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jager's Snaring Adventures

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No luck this morning. I haven't seen any fresh yote sign since my first visit so I'm not surprised the snares have come up empty.

I did move one of them today. It was set on the two-track in the wide ass open. Found a nicer spot about 20 yards away, on a trail going down off the dike into some Phrag below.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was in the area today so I stopped in at Sterling Fur. Picked up a jug of Full Metal Jacket and a couple coyote trapping books. The owner was a nice guy but a touch on the weird side. Didn't seem to want to help a newbie out too much. But, he seemed no different than any other hardcore trapper I've ever met... They always keep their cards close to their chest it seems.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I was in the area today so I stopped in at Sterling Fur. Picked up a jug of Full Metal Jacket and a couple coyote trapping books. The owner was a nice guy but a touch on the weird side. Didn't seem to want to help a newbie out too much. But, he seemed no different than any other hardcore trapper I've ever met... They always keep their cards close to their chest it seems.
I've always wanted to go there.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

I have heard this before about Sterling. A lot of trappers will teach you how to trap, some will teach you the REAL right way.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've always wanted to go there.
It was different. From the outside it looks more like a farm than a business. I barely knew I was at the right place. Inside the store he had a small selection of traps and supplies right up front but everything else was back behind the counter, all on shelves and stuff. I do this know... It wasn't what I was expecting. He was friendly but not very helpful.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It was different. From the outside it looks more like a farm than a business. I barely knew I was at the right place. Inside the store he had a small selection of traps and supplies right up front but everything else was back behind the counter, all on shelves and stuff. I do this know... It wasn't what I was expecting. He was friendly but not very helpful.
Well fugg that place then lol

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yea never understood people being like that.
I try to help anyone that wants it and have always told anyone that wants to come along and learn they are welcome anytime.
Hell the more guys we can get taking out yotes the better.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Any luck today, Jim?
Nada, dude. Sucks so far. I did however find a fresh pile of shit though. So that was encouraging. I've got my other dozen snares painted and will be dipping soon. I'm planning to get those going and flood this property with snares for another week or two. If that doesn't yield anything I'll either let it rest a bit or find another property to set em on. I'd like to get one closer to home as this current property is 25 minutes away.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nada, dude. Sucks so far. I did however find a fresh pile of shit though. So that was encouraging. I've got my other dozen snares painted and will be dipping soon. I'm planning to get those going and flood this property with snares for another week or two. If that doesn't yield anything I'll either let it rest a bit or find another property to set em on. I'd like to get one closer to home as this current property is 25 minutes away.
Are you checking them on foot?