Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jager's Snaring Adventures

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got 8 sets put in at the new property this afternoon. Didn't see as many no-brainer spots as I'd hoped for, but I made the best of it. I think my chances are pretty good. Here are some pics of today's sets...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rolled a donut once again today. Not too worried about it, though. This cold snap that's coming should get them moving.

I added some really nice sets to the bunch tonight. I'm up to 16 snares on this new property now. I feel pretty good about the locations. Shouldn't be long now...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Found a good spot on a 4-wheeler trail at the rear of the property. The quads made some ruts in the trail, and in one spot there were some briars hanging overtop of one rut. They were the perfect height to line up with the top edge of a snare, so I set one there right in the center of that rut. If a yote comes down the trail trotting in that rut, which I think they will, it's going to hammer them. This was my favorite addition today.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had one duck right underneath of my snares last night. Sucker's tracks led right up to it and underneath. Dang it!

But while walking to my other group of sets I found more fresh tracks. I started to feel pretty good as I was walking back there. Sure enough, one of the snares I hung in a man-made brush funnel snagged one up! He was a muddy mess when I found him. An ugly little male. Pretty fired up about my first snares yote!