Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Japanese wild boar hunting

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I went boar hunting today with an American friend and a Japanese hunting club. I didn't hunt because I don't have a license so I was just an observer.

I had a blast and I'm wore the hell out. We killed two pigs (both by Japs) and I met some great people I'm here to tell you that no matter where your at, when it comes to hunting, we all speak the same language (I'm just glad my buddy Mike who speaks Japanese was there).

Pictures and video to follow.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Well it's late (for me at least) so I'm just going to post pictures with explanations.

Here are some boar rubs on bamboo trees.

Jap pigs also like to wallow.

Wild boar meat is a favorite and they literally over run this area. Here is a trap that some of the locals use to catch them.

A few from the bamboo forest.

Fresh boar rooting's. We killed one hog out of this area.

Southern folk have big 4x4 trucks with dog boxes and the Jap's have the same, but only smaller.

Setting up for a stand.

Here's a quick video of how the Japanese drag out their kills.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/baughncr/?action=view&current=DSCN1872.mp4

A picture of one of the dead hogs.

Man talk about having a great time. It's really neat to meet folks from other parts of the world who share the same passion as we do.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I thought they were hollow. Do those rings around the bamboo shoot tell how old the plant is.....kind of like tree rings?

Nope. Bamboo grows super fast. Up to a foot a night. and spreads via the root system sending up shoots. The rings are solid the space between the rings is hollow.