Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I have drank a BUNCH of BRCC coffee in the last few years. The quality of their products has gone downhill, imo. Either that or both Nancy's and my taste for coffee has gone off the rails from Covid or something. We stopped our subscription several months ago and have been trying the different varieties we find at Costco. "Just Black" and "Beyond Black", both of which I still have at least 5lbs each of, are just not as good tasting as they once were to me.

Agreed, the last bag I had didn't hit the spot like years past. I'm back to std. Kcups and the Red can if using grounds.

Reactions: CJD3 and Hedgelj

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
44575838-15CF-42F4-AFF7-0332FB40034C.jpeg
C40414FA-5DAB-4E90-AC70-32A0272BB627.jpeg

If any of you are looking too try something new, give this a look. Picked up a bag of it at PSA yesterday and it’s pretty good pour so far this morning.
Currently on sale there on their site. 13.99 a bag. $4 savings.

Jamie

Ohio
We had a krups drip maker that recently died and replaced it with a ninja last week. The Ninja makes the best drip coffee that I've had. You wouldn't think a drip maker vs a drip maker would make a difference. Same process right. Nooe. The Ninja coffee is just way better. View attachment 124781
Everyone with Ninja drip coffee maker still loving them? Time has come to replace ours, and I’m thinking of getting a Ninja this time.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

P8riot

Carbon, In
I dislike this thread now! For whatever reason when I drink coffee lately, it puts me on the toilet no less than 8 times a day. It has forced me to drink tea like a little girl. 😡 Some days I'll drink coffee but on a day where I have stuff to do, I can't be running to the toilet every 20 minutes.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I dislike this thread now! For whatever reason when I drink coffee lately, it puts me on the toilet no less than 8 times a day. It has forced me to drink tea like a little girl. 😡 Some days I'll drink coffee but on a day where I have stuff to do, I can't be running to the toilet every 20 minutes.
Have you tried a different type of coffee?

Reactions: Big_Holla

P8riot

Carbon, In
I have 8 bags of this stuff from Sam's my wife bought due to the increasing price. Trying to stock up before it goes up again. She won't buy more until that's gone. I love my wife but she can be a grumpy mizer sometimes. 😄 I don't go to the grocery store. Menards and Ace Hardware are my only stops. I think Menards sells it. 🤔

Jamie

Ohio
We really like the Ninja drip coffee maker. As far as the quality of the coffee goes, I can't tell any appreciable difference between Ninja and Cuisinart, but I like the design of the Ninja much more. Removable water reservoir is really handy, the controls are simple and it looks nicer sitting on the counter. Excellent purchase.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Looks like I purchased the Ninja April of 2021 and it died this morning. Turn on power press brew and nothing. Got two years and a couple months out of it. Buy another or something else?

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla

Jamie

Ohio
funny story; Two days ago I was cleaning the Ninja coffee carafe and it broke. I didn't drop it or bang it hard. It just broke. A piece of glass about the size of two quarters just fell off of the bottom corner/edge of the carafe. I was trying to get out the door to work, so tasked Nancy with figuring it out. Luckily we had a brand new in the box Cuisinart 12 cup that I got as a warranty replacement years ago. We kept it for a backup in case of emergency like this one. This Cuisinart makes a cup of coffee that is twice as good as the Ninja. No shit. The new carafe came today, but Ninja is being demoted to second string and the Cuisnart is going to be our coffee maker until it dies. Ninja not as good as I thought.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Added this to the arsenal after hearing so much about it and I'm not disappointed at all. Very good coffee. I've been a fan of nootropics and lions mane for years, so this type of product makes a lot of sense to me. Can't say that it drastically transforms my mental state, but I do notice a difference on days I skip coffee altogether versus days I have this.

20230907_071834.jpg