Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jays 2014/15 rabbit season thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I had buddies who coon hunted with dogs and had been surrounded by them and howling.... Even with lights and guns they got the heck outta there..... The dogs at one point ran back too them while on a trail..... Just something too put into the thought process.... You'd probably be ok but I'd be prepared just in case.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All stories about rabbit hunting are good ones. I believe all beagles have good days and better days. :smiley_coolpeace:

Rick I've had a few days where I'd of givin dogs away if I'd of stayed out longer lol.... Best investment I ever made was the training collars.... I rarely carry a leash on me anymore..... Only if I'm hunting near a busy road which isn't much....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Rick I've had a few days where I'd of givin dogs away if I'd of stayed out longer lol.... Best investment I ever made was the training collars.... I rarely carry a leash on me anymore..... Only if I'm hunting near a busy road which isn't much....

Those are what make the Better Days even Better!...lol.... If all days were perfect everyone would do it and there would be no bunnies....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Those are what make the Better Days even Better!...lol.... If all days were perfect everyone would do it and there would be no bunnies....

Very true.... I get enough strange looks from people who don't hunt..... lmao.... Wish I had a dollar every time when someone said I used too and loved it as a kid lol....

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Rick I've had a few days where I'd of givin dogs away if I'd of stayed out longer lol....

Lol....man if that ain't the truth! That's why I try not to brag my dogs up because they will surely let me down after I do. Some days they just burn up the track all day long and other days they can jump one up right in front of them and run it 15 yards and lose it. I think conditions play the biggest part.

Amen to the electronic trainers!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lol....man if that ain't the truth! That's why I try not to brag my dogs up because they will surely let me down after I do. Some days they just burn up the track all day long and other days they can jump one up right in front of them and run it 15 yards and lose it. I think conditions play the biggest part.

Amen to the electronic trainers!

lmao.... I get those days as well.... At one point I sat down and just shook my head.... They came running up and all just looked at me and I seriously asked them WTF is up with you bitches!!!! lmao.... But then the next time out they back too knowing what too do lol....

Jamie

Ohio
dogs is gonna be dogs. they have off days, too. Although hounds do have a tendency to want to please themselves where Curs have a tendency to try to please you.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hope too add too this thru out the summer months...

Katie's the matriarch of the bunch, she's going too be 11 this fall and so far she's still hanging in there with the 4 and 5 year olds.... I have a feeling she'll be retiring here in a couple of years and be a lap dog lol... She's earned it...