Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

JOE BURROW

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
They should have saved him for next season. No point of using him if we ain’t going to playoff. 7 losses, 1 win, I tied???? What was the point.

Reactions: 5Cent

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn shame. It's my fault though. I hadn't watched any NFL games to speak of & when I saw they were playing , I thought of him as I plopped down in my chair, I switched the channel to see how he was doing. On the 2nd play or so, he went down.

Reactions: 5Cent

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They should have saved him for next season. No point of using him if we ain’t going to playoff. 7 losses, 1 win, I tied???? What was the point.
Troy Aikman went 1-15 his rookie year. Peyton manning went 3-13. Manning got physically abused his rookie year. Ya gotta start somewhere. It's the teams that lose patience with young, talented starters that never get over the hump. How many guys have the Browns given up on because he whole team stunk, but the young QB was blamed? Imagine if the Cowboys and Colts did that?

Guys like Big Ben who had a great record as a rookie are lucky because they were surrounded with the right guys already in place. Ben's rookie year he used to throw it about 15 times for about 120 yards a game and hand off to Bettis the rest of the game. He didn't have to try to do too much. Ben's role was to not lose the game with dumb mistakes.

Rookie QB's nowadays have to keep up with pass happy offenses and it's sink or swim. Most have to try and win the game alone and don't have what Ben had his rookie year.

Can't bench Burrow just because the rest of the team stinks. He was doing pretty good considering the terrible line he was behind.

He will be back next year with a rebuilt knee and be stronger for it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He’s almost accomplished everything I knew he would do since leaving Urban Meyers wrath. Imagine if he stayed there, none of this would have happened for this great young man. It’s sad what one egotistical HC and his control can do or not do for a player.
I am very happy with what accomplishments Joe has achieved so far but even more proud of him on how he’s dealt with it. His passion and competitive nature are exceptional but his humbleness and gratefulness are off the charts.
GOOD LUCK IN THE SUPER BOWL JOE!!!!

I hope you win this one and many more!

1643645313082.png

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see several teams that have what it takes to go the the SB and win it but are just missing a QB like Joe. Imagine if SF,CLE,TN and 3-4 other Teams had Joe at the helm? He’s another Of those special QB’s that has the IT factor. If the Bengals can improve the O line next season they could very well be back to the SB several more times in the next decade.