Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just bought a truck....now they're trying to fuck me!

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I sold my 2001 F 150 I bought new in 2019. It had 320,000 miles on it and still ran great. 5.4 4 WD. Never had anything major go wrong. It's hard to beat that IMO. That's why we have two of them here now
The eco boost twin turbo didn’t have the greatest track record. One of the reason I traded.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Any word on what is going to happen with this?
I filed with the Better Business Bureau and the dealer responded with something to the effect that I had signed the contract for X amount of dollars and some change. I responded back with an uploaded picture of the purchase agreement and said that number is nowhere to be found on any of my documentation. Not sure where they’re going with us. But I’m not rolling over.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I filed with the Better Business Bureau and the dealer responded with something to the effect that I had signed the contract for X amount of dollars and some change. I responded back with an uploaded picture of the purchase agreement and said that number is nowhere to be found on any of my documentation. Not sure where they’re going with us. But I’m not rolling over.

Did you also reach out to the Ohio BMV dealership licensing department? I'm sure they would like to know and could help. The better business bureau doesn't have teeth and it's only a private rating system. The state AG could probably give some direction also.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Did you also reach out to the Ohio BMV dealership licensing department? I'm sure they would like to know and could help. The better business bureau doesn't have teeth and it's only a private rating system. The state AG could probably give some direction also.
Every time I’ve reached out too Ohio’s AJ office, I’ve got a prompt and accurate response....

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I have not reached out to the BMV but do have a call into my credit union. The loan is not through them..it's through the dealership. But I want to ask...if the bank lends money and doesn't get the title, before long their going to come after the dealership...not me correct?
I did file with the AG. Have not heard back.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
So basically they're going to provide a mediator. Hell I can get a mediator off the street. Looks like the Attorney General has no teeth either. The mediator will say, well it would be nice if you paid because they really just made an unintentional error. I can just see it playing out now.
1365D83B-025B-4C4E-BC11-6D4096F886A3.jpeg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
So basically they're going to provide a mediator. Hell I can get a mediator off the street. Looks like the Attorney General has no teeth either. The mediator will say, well it would be nice if you paid because they really just made an unintentional error. I can just see it playing out now.View attachment 121244
If the mediator doesn’t rule in your favor, I’d tell the dealership that you’re backing out of the deal because it was their error. Go to another dealership and get your truck.

Reactions: 5Cent and Mike

Smawgunner2

Athens County
If the mediator doesn’t rule in your favor, I’d tell the dealership that you’re backing out of the deal because it was their error. Go to another dealership and get your truck.
That's complicated...already had the bed LineX'd and I can just hear the dealer....ain't paying for that mileage, depreciation etc etc. Apparently AUTOCAP doesn't make judgment calls. I have a call into a lawyer that we get 30 minutes free consultation through our employee and I also want to talk to the credit union and ask them if they don't get the title in so many days what do they do? I'm hoping they're going to put pressure on the dealership to release the title to them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Agreed. I wouldn't give them a dime. Dealerships don't make "errors" every deal down to the penny has to be approved through multiple levels. The salesman, the sales manager, and the finance department. If something was omitted it was done so on purpose. I agree that the mediator is a bunch of BS especially since it's done in partnership with the AG and the Ohio Automobile Dealers Association, which is basically the lobbying group for dealers. One guess who they will advocate for. My only "Action or solution that I think is fair" is for the dealership to transfer title"