Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Ontario Fishing Get-Together...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Would anyone be interested in getting together in late August for a Lake Ontario King Salmon trip... I know a few on here have boats and I have a boat that I sometimes take up there for salmon... Fish in Aug are closer to shore so theres no need for a big boat... I have a great place to stay that has horseshoe pits and a grill outside and rates are cheap.. Big plus is its a very clean place... Thought it would be a blast to have a fishing week-end with TOO members...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My August and September is booked solid or I’d entertain at idea... Not much of a salmon guy but there’s smallmouth up there lol...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
What would I need to do to convert my walleye gear to salmon ? I have dipsy rods , but no wire set ups or downriggers ?
I have been wanting to do a salmon trip .

Fletch

Supporting Member
What would I need to do to convert my walleye gear to salmon ? I have dipsy rods , but no wire set ups or downriggers ?
I have been wanting to do a salmon trip .
I troll with 2 dipsy rods and 2 downriggers... My downriggers are nothing fancy and are manuel… Gets the job done... Best place to stay in Pulaski New York is The Lucky Dutchmans " Feeder Creek Lodge " very nice and clean rooms and Bill will tell you where the fish are and what the fish are hitting on....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My daughters wedding and vacation plans and then tournament schedules prohibits me from attending, but that trip sounds like a ton of fun for a too outing...

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Im out for the same reasons as Adam, new job and not as many vacation days as I would like. It does sound fun though.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Our boat would not be suitable, but I’m sure Levi and I would possibly be interested, if there was enough guys with boats and open spots. My fear of commitment and planning abilities for more than a day out is a struggle.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Lets see if any more interest is generated in July... Im sure if the ride wasn't as long more guys would be interested even for a day trip...