Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Landowner requests

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
An old lady that raised turkeys for pot pies down the road use to live trap em w/ a box trap that had a round plastic window... She would then plug the trap into her car exhaust and "warm up" her car... When the car was "properly" warmed up she would just throw the box in the trunk and deliver her pies, then side trip down a back road to empty the box.
:smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's a good one CJD.

I talked to the landowners this morning and we are going to setup the live trap this evening and I will check it tomorrow morning.

I can't wait to shoot the little fugger!!!

This will be my backup plan. I have one of the bigger havaheart traps for coon. If he gets in there I will hual him out to the field and shoot it or tie a rope to the handle and toss him in the pond and see how well he can swim in a trap.

Don't shoot the coon in the trap
As the blood will cause other coon to not want to play

Better to release and shoot

Or do a darn good clean up job

If you catch a Skunk in a live trap
Throw a tarp over the trap
As most of the time a skunk will not spray at what they can't see

Best no spray skunk kill method I have found is
Is 1 part De Con (sp) rat poison and 2 parts raw ground beef
Mix well and form into balls , then freeze to make trans port easy

I make them just under 1" in dia
So I can roll 2 or 3 into the cage through a piece of 1" thinwall condit that I use as my trapping stick

John

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Don't shoot the coon in the trap
As the blood will cause other coon to not want to play

Better to release and shoot

Or do a darn good clean up job

If you catch a Skunk in a live trap
Throw a tarp over the trap
As most of the time a skunk will not spray at what they can't see

Best no spray skunk kill method I have found is
Is 1 part De Con (sp) rat poison and 2 parts raw ground beef
Mix well and form into balls , then freeze to make trans port easy

I make them just under 1" in dia
So I can roll 2 or 3 into the cage through a piece of 1" thinwall condit that I use as my trapping stick

John

Thanks for the info John. I might just take the 12ga. and let him out and see if I can roll him :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got that sum beach this morning lmao. During the night he had reached out and pulled in some straw from a nearby bail. He had enough in there I couldn't get to the door trigger safely so I just skull capped him in the cage. I didn't have to clean the cage at all after since it had the straw in there lmao. Just capped him and dumped everything on the ground.

0311111003.jpg 0311111014.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

Well, shoot. That happened quick. I was hoping for about a month of chronicles about you going out there, coming so close, having someone from the outside come in and fugg you up, Dante spearing one just for the hell of it...

Oh shit, coon. Thought this was deer season again....

:)

Good job buddy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Well, shoot. That happened quick. I was hoping for about a month of chronicles about you going out there, coming so close, having someone from the outside come in and fugg you up, Dante spearing one just for the hell of it...

Oh shit, coon. Thought this was deer season again....

:)

Good job buddy.

lmao. Same place just a different species being hunted lol.

I just talked to the landowner since she and her husband are in Columbus today. She was excited to say the least that the stupid coon was gone :D. Looks like my permission slips will continue to be signed for a little while longer :smiley_clap:

That also means yours and Dante's will be as well :D.

Trap is baited and reset for round 2 now lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
you may be called back , was it a male or female

A young female and she didn't have milk. I know I will be called back just because of the numbers of coon out there. It won't be long and another will take it's place. They just have way too many out there and some get pushed out of the woods to find other places to live and the house and barn are the closest refuge for them to hide and live in. Hope to put a dent in that population out there soon :D.