Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Landowner requests

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks J

We will keep on the coon as they come into the barn. I think they are just wanderers now but I was glad to get rid of the female before she could have her kits in there.

Keep on the Ghogs until the grass gets to high to see them. Should be able to keep the fields cleared for a while longer since the rain and mud isn't allowing the farmer to get out there and get crops in anytime soon.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will be going and talking to another landowner this evening that has coon to get rid of. I'm still waiting for the WO to send my copy of my permit back before I go trapping any out there but figured I could get a game plan together until then.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went and checked the traps in the barn this morning after a long dry spell due to weather keeping the coon close to their den trees and out of the barn. I guess it must have been to wet for a bore coon and he was looking for a nice dry place to hide. Just happens to have been inside the live trap in the barn lmao. ( I'll post a pic later today)

So as of now the totals are as follows :

12 out of the barn
2 out of a den tree out back
2 in the DP outback

Huckleberry Finn

I figured you were just getting lazy, or got caught shooting groundhogs off the road...

Are you going to trap at that other guys place? Tell him you charge $3/coon

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I figured you were just getting lazy, or got caught shooting groundhogs off the road...

Are you going to trap at that other guys place? Tell him you charge $3/coon

I don't do that...anymore lol. I have been known to have a passenger shoot out the truck window a time or TOO lmao.

I'm waiting for my permit that should be here this week or next before I head out there to trap. Renting barns is getting old lol. If he lets me hunt his place I will charge him the $3 a coon but if he won't well...Then I will charge him the going rate for my area and it won't be that cheap :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went and checked the traps in the barn this morning after a long dry spell due to weather keeping the coon close to their den trees and out of the barn. I guess it must have been to wet for a bore coon and he was looking for a nice dry place to hide. Just happens to have been inside the live trap in the barn lmao. ( I'll post a pic later today)

So as of now the totals are as follows :

12 out of the barn
2 in the DP outback

Another Male down.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
He looks kind of depressed. Do you think he knows the jig is up?

lol. He had a restless night trying to get out of that trap. He knocked off the carry handle and the guard that is under the handle trying to get himself out lol. He was one tired coon so I let him take a nap. He is one heck of a Rip Van Winkle stand in...he is still sleeping out in that field where I left him.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
12 out of the barn
2 in the DP outback
1 possum in the live trap yesterday next to the house
1 big bore coon in the live trap next to the house this morning.

This place keeps me rollin lmao.