Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Las Vegas Shooting

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm sure I'll get flack for saying this. But, IMO guns such as AR-15's, AK's and SK's should not be in the hands of the general public. Lets be honest. These guns are made to kill people, not game animals. I'm not a fan of them and won't own one. And don't try to tell me that my Remington 552 Speedmaster .22 falls into the same category.
Disagreement? Probably. Flack? I'd hope not.

2nd Amendment was made to defend the people against a tyrannical government. I'd hate to defend myself against my govt with a couple Marlin Model 60s.

God forbid it ever happens. I hope and pray it doesn't.

Wmiller07

I'm sure I'll get flack for saying this. But, IMO guns such as AR-15's, AK's and SK's should not be in the hands of the general public. Lets be honest. These guns are made to kill people, not game animals. I'm not a fan of them and won't own one. And don't try to tell me that my Remington 552 Speedmaster .22 falls into the same category.

I won't own one either, I own several. Why don't pistols fall into the same category? They operate the exact same way as an AR-15.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They belong in the hands of the people for the exact reason you pointed out Dick. Like I told someone yesterday, there's a reason our currency doesn't have a queen on it.

Our government fully understands the power of an armed populous. In WWII we invented a small pot metal single shot .45 pistol with plans to drop them all over France. Attached was a note for the french citiczens with instructions to shoot a German and take his weapons.

Ownership of weapons is imperative to maintenance of a free country. Its not like we're talking about a M2 50 cal or a M240B. In the scope of weaponry an AR is a pea shooter and what i consider the minimum acceptable weapon to defend against tyranny.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
And really an AR15 is a pea shooter.

223 on left. The rest are standard, non-magnum hunting rounds.

@joe the forum won't let me share oucs right now. Says it is disabled.

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
They belong in the hands of the people for the exact reason you pointed out Dick. Like I told someone yesterday, there's a reason our currency doesn't have a queen on it.

Our government fully understands the power of an armed populous. In WWII we invented a small pot metal single shot .45 pistol with plans to drop them all over France. Attached was a note for the french citiczens with instructions to shoot a German and take his weapons.

Ownership of weapons is imperative to maintenance of a free country. Its not like we're talking about a M2 50 cal or a M240B. In the scope of weaponry an AR is a pea shooter and what i consider the minimum acceptable weapon to defend against tyranny.

:smiley_cigar:
Ya That .

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

Nothing person Dick..... It's "We The People" for a reason.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ar15 round far left...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see nothing evil about AR 15 type rifles in the hands of the general public. I own several and bought 3 AR's this year in different calibers. And guess what I'm not a threat to anyone and never will be. The evil comes in the form of a evil minded person and nothing more. The gun is just a delivery system of evil in the hands and mind of a evil person.
My locked and loaded AR in the house can't hurt anyone it will only harm someone who wishes to harm my loved ones.
Ban the AR and then what's next the auto and pump hunting rifles and shotguns. Look what happened in other countries who took this banning and their murder and assault cases have gone higher.
It's already against the law to harm others but it still happened.
I'm enjoying the fruits of my lifetime labor by investing in firearms I enjoy.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The bump systems I've played with shot full magazines without a hiccup. Only thing that's causes problems is you must remember to push the rifle away from you instead of the natural pull back into your shoulder. Once you get the push away down right it runs nonstop.

Bigcountry40

We will never be invaded by a Foreign power, we have the largest freestanding army in the world, I am much more concern about domestic/internal invasion through the loss rights and that is truly why in these times we need military grade rifles. yall need to watch cartel land on netflix

Gordo

Athens County
We will never be invaded by a Foreign power, we have the largest freestanding army in the world, I am much more concern about domestic/internal invasion through the loss rights and that is truly why in these times we need military grade rifles. yall need to watch cartel land on netflix

X2.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The Molon Labe FB page shared this. If this is true............View attachment 57240
Pretty convoluted. A lot of conspiracy theories going around. None make any sense to me and I have a pretty open mind. Especially since Vegas is so wired. If a bunch of Islamists were running around, it would be leaked just like the photos.

Everyone wonders how this guy got so many, I wonder how he got so few. Fish in a barrel and the shots were short. 20k people stuffed in one area. Most laid down in the open.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
A ton of different reports are being circulated. No clue which ones are true and which are false. Just heard one report that a hotel staff has produced receipts from room service that shows orders that would appear to be for two people not just one. Two entrees two sides and two drinks. Of course this doesn't mean there were two people but does suggest such.

Bigcountry40

Pretty convoluted. A lot of conspiracy theories going around. None make any sense to me and I have a pretty open mind. Especially since Vegas is so wired. If a bunch of Islamists were running around, it would be leaked just like the photos.

Everyone wonders how this guy got so many, I wonder how he got so few. Fish in a barrel and the shots were short. 20k people stuffed in one area. Most laid down in the open.

I wondered the same thing and told my wife that last night, anyone with a any kind skill could kill many more than 60 easy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The Molon Labe FB page shared this. If this is true............View attachment 57240

Yeahhhhhh. That's 4chan.. The same people who overtook an online Taylor Swift poll for "Vote for your school and I'll do a concert there" 4chan hijacked it and made a school for the deaf win. There was another online poll to name some prestigious boat in england. The winning name thanks to 4chan. "Boaty McBoatface"

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeahhhhhh. That's 4chan.. The same people who overtook an online Taylor Swift poll for "Vote for your school and I'll do a concert there" 4chan hijacked it and made a school for the deaf win. There was another online poll to name some prestigious boat in england. The winning name thanks to 4chan. "Boaty McBoatface"

What's wrong with Boaty McBoatface? That's an awesome name for a boat! lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What's wrong with Boaty McBoatface? That's an awesome name for a boat! lmao
The good ole Internet and 4chan.

Mountain dew had a name the new Dew contest. Top voted name. "Hitler did nothing wrong" followed by "Granny's gush" and "diabetus"

The Jonas Brothers did a world tour "vote for your country and we'll do a show" contest. Top winner. North Korea.

Lays had a chip naming contest. Top winner. "90% air and like 4 chips"

They even managed to get Mein Kompf to the top of the NY times recommended reading list.