Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lets see those huntin trucks!

hunTer06

Your going to laugh when i tell you this but i started the arrow antenna trend.. 3 years ago i came out of the woods and put one on the antenna to let my buddy know i got one if he got back to the truck before me.. When we got back to the cabin i taped it on.. I hadn't seen anyone do it before. My buddies got a kick out of it... I drove around that way for almost a year before i saw another one anywhere. I mostly did it to piss off the columbus fuggs when driving downtown. You wouldn't believe the looks i got. And I drove from Springfield to Chili weekly.. Then all of a sudden i started seeing them pop up here and there. Now i see them everywhere... I took mine off. LOL

Note the Snazzy C-clamp bedliner clips.. PS Anybody have the little plastic circle locks for a tuf-liner lol
View attachment 332

I was in bass pro shops a few weeks back and now they make actual antennas that look like arrows.

Your going to laugh when i tell you this but i started the arrow antenna trend.. 3 years ago i came out of the woods and put one on the antenna to let my buddy know i got one if he got back to the truck before me.. When we got back to the cabin i taped it on.. I hadn't seen anyone do it before. My buddies got a kick out of it... I drove around that way for almost a year before i saw another one anywhere. I mostly did it to piss off the columbus fuggs when driving downtown. You wouldn't believe the looks i got. And I drove from Springfield to Chili weekly.. Then all of a sudden i started seeing them pop up here and there. Now i see them everywhere... I took mine off. LOL

Note the Snazzy C-clamp bedliner clips.. PS Anybody have the little plastic circle locks for a tuf-liner lol
View attachment 332

Hey jack did you know my Tocama and your Colorado are build on the same frame. The only thing is my truck has more US made parts in it and wont fall apart.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey jack did you know my Tocama and your Colorado are build on the same frame. The only thing is my truck has more US made parts in it and wont fall apart.

I get a chuckle everytime I see some guy jump out of an H3 with his chest all puffed out trying to hide his tiny penis. I think to myself "Nice Colorado in H3 clothes". Yep. Same chassis on this one too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Ain't that the truth.. FUCK GM... I swear that truck is addicted to wrenches. She has 115,000 on ut and hasn't had any major mechanical so far but all the little things are a constant pain. Even changing the rotors is a complete pain in the ass takes 4 hours each.. They aren't like standard rotors..

I can say this for that truck though.. That G-80 locker in the rear is kick ass. Son that thing will get you in and out of places... I've driven that truck up logging roads in VC that if it was sideways it would roll. That's why i drive a midsized truck, damn thing can go down about any wooded path.

OhioHunter88

Perry County
This is my panty dropper. 04' Dodge Cummins 3500 Crew Cab Long bed. 17 inch moto metal rims with 35 inch Nittos. 3 inch suspension lift. 4 inch straight pipe exhaust, and Im running a level 5 smarty program which adds 90 horse. This truck for sure makes girls seizure down there.

How much HP does the fake hood scoops add????? :D

Ain't that the truth.. FUCK GM... I swear that truck is addicted to wrenches. She has 115,000 on ut and hasn't had any major mechanical so far but all the little things are a constant pain. Even changing the rotors is a complete pain in the ass takes 4 hours each.. They aren't like standard rotors..

I can say this for that truck though.. That G-80 locker in the rear is kick ass. Son that thing will get you in and out of places... I've driven that truck up logging roads in VC that if it was sideways it would roll. That's why i drive a midsized truck, damn thing can go down about any wooded path.

I love the locking diff in my truck too my 01 tacoma 4X4 didn't have one. I pulled my neighbors brand new F150 svt out of the mud it stuck up to the frame. The week before the was giving me shit for buying the truck. Then I parked my truck so it was stuck just as bad got out and got back in then drove out. I think he is still pissed about the fact his 45k F150 was out done by a "little" truck.
My buddy has a badass 95 bronco but it cant fit down any of the trails my midsized truck can. Joe do you hunt Vinton County thats where our farm is?

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
This is my panty dropper. 04' Dodge Cummins 3500 Crew Cab Long bed. 17 inch moto metal rims with 35 inch Nittos. 3 inch suspension lift. 4 inch straight pipe exhaust, and Im running a level 5 smarty program which adds 90 horse. This truck for sure makes girls seizure down there.

That sure seems like a awful lot of money spending just to get a girl to giggle. :smiley_crazy:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I love the locking diff in my truck too my 01 tacoma 4X4 didn't have one. I pulled my neighbors brand new F150 svt out of the mud it stuck up to the frame. The week before the was giving me shit for buying the truck. Then I parked my truck so it was stuck just as bad got out and got back in then drove the out. I think he is still pissed about the fact his 45k F150 got out done by a "little" truck.
My buddy has a badass 95 bronco but it cant fit down any of the trails my midsized truck can. Joe do you hunt Vinton County thats where our farm is?

HAHAHAH.. I pulled my buddies F-250 out of a rut where it was sitting on the frame. We were turk hunting in Wildcat hollow and he pulled off the road and parked.. When we got back, that truck had sank. He tried to get it out but just dug holes. He hopped out at one point to look and the truck was still in reverse. The wheels were just spinning as he stood there looking at them. LOL His was only 2 wheel and had like a 6.7 liter twin turbo diesel in it.. After i yanked him out i backed up into his ruts and BAM. sat it right down on the rear half of the frame. He said WTF did you do that for.. Bop right out i came... He said get your ass back out here on the asphalt and we'll hook them pumper to bumper.. Then people can laugh as i drag you back to Clark County like a male dog stuck backwards to a bitch. LOL I think i hurt his pride some... Those Tacomas have a an electronic locking rear diff. They sense slip and lock. The G-80 is a centrifical locker, same deal and just as fast to lock, just different ways to get there. Having driven both you can see it's a world of difference. I would almost go as far as to say it's the most important thing when looking at a hunting truck.

Yep, i hunt VC. I'm hunt down around londonderry. South of 50. I'm down there quite often we should get together some weekend to shoot the shit.

rrr

Pussy trucks. Don't have a better picture than that, but we rock the 450's and 550's at work.

450 w/ Stahl bed from 40 ft in the air...

Oh wait...these are suppose to be hunting trucks. You could haul a lot of Yoders in the quad cabs though!

I'll throw in another of mine, hauling a big load:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Pussy trucks. Don't have a better picture than that, but we rock the 450's and 550's at work.

450 w/ Stahl bed from 40 ft in the air...

Oh wait...these are suppose to be hunting trucks. You could haul a lot of Yoders in the quad cabs though!

I'll throw in another of mine, hauling a big load:

Shotgun season last year in Ray Ohio a big duley yoder toater pulled out in front of someone on 327. They had that truck bed stacked to the roof with dead deer going to the check station. Anyways everyone that passed the wreck said there were dead deer scattered everywhere. Like 20 deer strewn all over the road and ditches.. They said it looked like someone came through and hit a whole herd of deer. LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't need balls hanging from my truck. You see a 25' gooseneck loaded down maxed out at the 14k GVW coming your way, you know that truck has enough balls. I don't need dual stacks either. What a waste of a bed on a truck. I call those penis extensions. 223k miles and rolling. I get a kick out of the guy driving a 1/2 ton with a dinky bed, 20" wheels, four doors, and carpet in the bed of his truck, not a single scratch in the bed, sporting a set of balls off the back. Really? Your truck has balls because you haul golf clubs with it? That is a grocery getter, not a work truck.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I don't need balls hanging from my truck. You see a 25' gooseneck loaded down maxed out at the 14k GVW coming your way, you know that truck has enough balls. I don't need dual stacks either. What a waste of a bed on a truck. I call those penis extensions. 223k miles and rolling. I get a kick out of the guy driving a 1/2 ton with a dinky bed, 20" wheels, four doors, and carpet in the bed of his truck, not a single scratch in the bed, sporting a set of balls off the back. Really? Your truck has balls because you haul golf clubs with it? That is a grocery getter, not a work truck.

Your killing me Hicks! We sure think alike.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This ones not mine, but if he ever puts a sign on it, I might make him an offer. Been in some deep shit in this truck, hard to stop it. Truck still has the rifle mounts behind the seat straight from the US military.

Buckmaster might recognize this one!

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Hey Alex! Here is the real 7.3!

[video=facebook;420979996763]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=420979996763&subj=509011763[/video]

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Badger,
That truck does look somewhat familiar to me.
I don't think I've seen it for a couple hours now.
I guess I'm due again shortly. Worst case, I'll see at McD's in the morning.
`BM

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This ones not mine, but if he ever puts a sign on it, I might make him an offer. Been in some deep shit in this truck, hard to stop it. Truck still has the rifle mounts behind the seat straight from the US military.

The CUCV. I have wrenched on plenty of them. In the guard, we got all the regular Army hand-me-downs. Had the Jeeps phasing out when I got in, plenty of CUCV's and some of the first HMMV's. I tell you what, I have seen some real turds. Some of our deuces were just plain ancient. I always liked the CUCV's though. Hardly ever rusted and I think it was due to the CARC paint.