Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let's see your BOBs

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Yep, but I do have "extras" that could be traded in a pinch. Same for the goods in the truck. I'm in possession of a "surplus" if the need arises.
Get a neck knife sheath and ankle holster with a small auto - incase you have a confrontation on the way home and stop advertizing the assects you have at home on facebook - if shit hits the fan it won't be a pie in the sky gilis pipe dream - be ready to fight your way home and when you get there - if you got it they will be out there to get it - you need a hideout at home for the girls also - stay safe

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
123925669_160933885740121_7092025248517046040_n.jpg

Think I'll just stay home...

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So I work >70 miles from home. I have a duffel in my car that has first aid kits, wool vest, blanket, lightweight sleeping bag, MRE or two, some other granola style bars, jumper cables, flares, paper maps, etc. Then I have my daily carry bag to and from work. It is a maxpedition riftcore 2.0. It can hold my p320 or p365 easily in its pistol compartment. Ialso have my tablet, laptop, cables and charging docks, extra batteries to charge my electronics in it. For BOB stuff I have an extra magazine, a quart water bottle, bushcraft style knife, electrolyte powder, along with a basic firestarting kit. Then if I feel the need Ihave an additional get home kit I've been packing in the back. Its a pelican case. In it I have an additional bushcraft style knife, tarp, wool watch cap, more complete firestarting kit, MRE, compass, folding saw, AR15 pistol along with a few magazines and ammo, life straw, gloves.

My basic idea is if I get stranded I can easily spend a semi comfortable night. If something would happen I can get myself home. If something really bad happens I can get myself home and defend myself along the way. The AR15 pistol is kept broken down and unloaded but as its a pistol it can be carried loaded with my CHL. Its also small enough that I could somewhat keep it discreet if I wanted while carrying it.

Jamie

Ohio
View attachment 117425

Think I'll just stay home...
I'm not buying into the whole run and hide thing, yep, no bugout bag for me. I'm always armed when I'm not a home, and prepared for a couple of days if I can't make it home directly. if it comes down to it, my last stand will be in my front doorway. everything I need to stay alive for months is here. I'm not running off to some hidey hole if shit gets real.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

Thought some of yall might like this. Check the video towards the bottom