Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let's see your BOBs

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ability to evade facial recognition? You watching too much tv man lol.

I wish that were the case. However "Facial recognition" doesn't only apply to automated methods. It can mean an individual reviewing CCTV video, A "be on the lookout" issued with a state DL picture, pretty much anything that allows an individual to recognize you.

As for automated facial recognition. It's not a thing of science fiction, it's happening and billions are being spent to make it happen. Airports, subway systems, and a whole host of other industries are actively looking to implement it. Consumer targeted advertising is looking to utilize it to track your shopping habits. Most phones have this capability now, even facebook has the ability to recognize your friend's faces and tag them in photos you uploaded. Amazon is jumping on the bandwagon and have some pretty crazy capabilities already developed. It can take a picture and Identify multiple objects like rocks, bushes, etc. It can identify breeds of dogs and animals, it can read and associate text like signs, numbers. For video it has face and mood probability based on facial ticks, eye squints, lip position, eyebrow movement, and base with pretty high accuracy an individual's mood. Some companies are even using this during video interviews to judge a candidates honesty and mood.. They have person tracking based on facial recognition. For example, in soccer, they use it to show a complete path a person took on a play, every person's path is recorded. No need to draw on the screen in yellow like they do in football. Click a player or two and it'll show their exact movement. They're not wearing trackers, it's recognition tracking.

I wish that were the case. However "Facial recognition" doesn't only apply to automated methods. It can mean an individual reviewing CCTV video, A "be on the lookout" issued with a state DL picture, pretty much anything that allows an individual to recognize you.

As for automated facial recognition. It's not a thing of science fiction, it's happening and billions are being spent to make it happen. Airports, subway systems, and a whole host of other industries are actively looking to implement it. Consumer targeted advertising is looking to utilize it to track your shopping habits. Most phones have this capability now, even facebook has the ability to recognize your friend's faces and tag them in photos you uploaded. Amazon is jumping on the bandwagon and have some pretty crazy capabilities already developed. It can take a picture and Identify multiple objects like rocks, bushes, etc. It can identify breeds of dogs and animals, it can read and associate text like signs, numbers. For video it has face and mood probability based on facial ticks, eye squints, lip position, eyebrow movement, and base with pretty high accuracy an individual's mood. Some companies are even using this during video interviews to judge a candidates honesty and mood.. They have person tracking based on facial recognition. For example, in soccer, they use it to show a complete path a person took on a play, every person's path is recorded. No need to draw on the screen in yellow like they do in football. Click a player or two and it'll show their exact movement. They're not wearing trackers, it's recognition tracking.

Detroit Michigan has been using facial recognition technology since 2017.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I went through the day pack today. Single strap coss shoulder backpack. I should have got a pic of it all out but forgot about this thread.

20200318_223224.jpg

Medications
Ibuprofen
Tylenol
Tums
Imodium AD
Cold / Flu meds
Benadryl
Migraine Pills

First Aid.
4x4 Gauze pads
4x4 Gauze Sponges
Alcohol pads
Bandaids of all sizes from butterfly to big
Medical tape
4 pairs of latex gloves
4 medical masks
2x tourniquet
Celox clot powder
Medical scissors
Sterile Wipes.

Odd and Ends.
S&W Handcuffs
Dental floss
BIC Lighter
Sharpie
Tactical penlight with AAA Batteries
Roll of electrical tape
Chapstick
Flashing red clip-on strobe light
Extra AAA batteries
Baby wipes

Self Protection.
Tactical pen / bludgeon / glass breaker
Ka-Bar knife
Gerber folding Knife
2 extra mags.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks good Jesse! Add a couple of Gatorade pouches. They don't add much weight or space. Water is easy to come by.

You talking about the little hydration pouches that are liquid, or the powder? The little pouches of Gatorade is some high octane shit! The 3 packets on the upper left of the mat are "fizz sticks" that my wife buys through one of the many pyramid marketing schemes that successfully get her money. That said, they're pretty good hangover cures since they're full of electrolytes.

I need some quick clot powder and some iodine tablets still. And one of those little can openers. Other than that, for a grab and go pack, it's pretty solid. It has a strap on the bottom to attach clothing if needed, also. My truck is a mobile BOB, too. All my tools, ropes, extra clothes, ammo, etc. are in this bag under my back seat. I can grab this thing and wear it like a backpack with my other pack slung across my chest and damn near be ready to survive for a week. I've always had a "thing" for packs and gear and it's only gotten worse with age, disposable income, and growing fears of actually needing to bug out someday.

Screenshot_20201228-082816_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: giles

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
You talking about the little hydration pouches that are liquid, or the powder? The little pouches of Gatorade is some high octane shit! The 3 packets on the upper left of the mat are "fizz sticks" that my wife buys through one of the many pyramid marketing schemes that successfully get her money. That said, they're pretty good hangover cures since they're full of electrolytes.

I need some quick clot powder and some iodine tablets still. And one of those little can openers. Other than that, for a grab and go pack, it's pretty solid. It has a strap on the bottom to attach clothing if needed, also. My truck is a mobile BOB, too. All my tools, ropes, extra clothes, ammo, etc. are in this bag under my back seat. I can grab this thing and wear it like a backpack with my other pack slung across my chest and damn near be ready to survive for a week. I've always had a "thing" for packs and gear and it's only gotten worse with age, disposable income, and growing fears of actually needing to bug out someday.

View attachment 117410
You need some barter goods - gold - silver - smokes - candy bars - bullets and etc.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think this is a bag to get him home. No need for extra weight or trade items. Trade them one bullet at a really fast rate.

Yep, but I do have "extras" that could be traded in a pinch. Same for the goods in the truck. I'm in possession of a "surplus" if the need arises.

Reactions: giles