Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lever action rifles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
This state always has a gun show going on someplace somewhere, or the neighboring states. Start lookin them up, put them on a calender and go and have fun with some buddies.

Your welcome!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
This state always as a gun show goin on someplace somewhere, or the neighboring states. Start lookin them up, put them on a calender and go and have fun with some buddies.

Your welcome!
No dice at Barbers.

Theres a local gun show Jan 7th and 8th, Chad and I are going to go. See if I can find one there. In the meantime, Ill keep lookin. Thanks for the help fellers
Good thinking

• Haha
Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
Sorry Dustin regarding my last post. You see, I just woke up from a crazy old man's nap and the funny thing is, I read that post of yours more than a few tines in previous days, but I wouldn't known it in the fame of mind when I last responded cause the brain was purged from from all the garbage and fresh logic thinking came back to the for front once again for me :LOL:

See, this is what you got to look forward too as you age 😂

I just would like to see you get your new toy a.s.a.p. because your gonna absolutely love it!

Enjoy the rest of your ride while you still can!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustinb80

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
.360.jpg

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
This was my biggest concern when they started allowing pistol-caliber rifles. Slippery slope to straight-up rifle cartridges. I've always thought it should have stayed shotguns and muzzleloaders. But you won't beat the gun lobby and a DNR that wants deer killed and more revenue.

While i haven't seen any numbers but I don't expect this being anything special ballistically. It sounds like it uses a normal 30-30 parent case and pressures will be limited by the intended actions. This is just a rimmed .350 legend with better bullets.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
While i haven't seen any numbers but I don't expect this being anything special ballistically. It sounds like it uses a normal 30-30 parent case and pressures will be limited by the intended actions. This is just a rimmed .350 legend with better bullets.
One of the reasons you don't see a 350 legend lever action is chamber pressures. The 336 action holds both the 30-30 & 444 which have pressures of 42k psi, the 350 legend is at 55k psi. The design can't hold that pressure. I'm sure they are working on it but...

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Agreed. My point was more, ever seen many pistols chambered in 350 legend, 450 Bushmaster, 360 buckhammer or 45-70? Now how many do you see in rifles during gun season? The argument BFA always used was "we can use straight-walled cartridge pistols today, why can't we use those same rounds in a rifle." It was never about pistol calibers and all about rifles. Bet your ass Winchester already had plans to introduce the 350 before they ever started lobbying states to allow PCRs and remove named caliber restrictions to open it up to all "straight walled" calibers. Good for the gun companies and ammo manufacturers who get to sell a shitload of new rifles and ammo though.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
One of the reasons you don't see a 350 legend lever action is chamber pressures. The 336 action holds both the 30-30 & 444 which have pressures of 42k psi, the 350 legend is at 55k psi. The design can't hold that pressure. I'm sure they are working on it but...
The .375 Winchester is 52,000 and was designed for the Winchester 94.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Remington had buckhammer slugs forever and owned the trademark on the Buckhammer name. Since rifles have all but killed shotgun hunting it makes sense to transfer the buckhammer moniker to something new and ore relevant.
Those buckhammer slugs were Sabots...my brother had a smoothbore 20 gauge 1100 that would shoot them better than anything else. I never understood it though.