Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LEWT Tourney Cheaters

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20221004-014506_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TinyTucky

Bighoun52

In the woods
I don’t know how someone would pull it off, but I’m surprised it hasn’t happened in these nation wide big buck contests, like the quest hunt. Big money always makes for shady stuff happening

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I don’t know how someone would pull it off, but I’m surprised it hasn’t happened in these nation wide big buck contests, like the quest hunt. Big money always makes for shady stuff happening
Anything for money and their spotlight of harvest fame on social media . Not near as much true love for the sport anymore unfortunately.

P8riot

Carbon, In
Remove their right to fish? Again, enforced by the government...

Think about this. What right does a government have to make you jump through hoops to use a lake that is there naturally? Break your brain out of the matrix.

They swindled people and companies out of $. Doesn't a car dealership that charges more for the exact car do the same to people? Or any other tradesman who charges more? Exactly what law was broken by putting lead into fish? It is a private organization, it should be dealt with privately. Tournament ban, sponsors will pull and then they have to get regular jobs like us sad fuckers. 😄

What is this world coming to when a bunch of grown men tattle to the government about cheating in a fishing tournament???!!!

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
You're argument would be valid except for the fact to be lawful to fish you need to buy what they call a FISHING LICENSE from the State of Ohio. What these fucktards did was abuse a resource that all of the rest of us who lawfully abide by rules and regulations. Hardly similar to a car dealership. If you overpay for a damn car thats on you bud! Nobody is forcing you to buy a car. If it was legal to publicly hang them it would have happened Friday.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Hardly peons....they won over 300 grand last year alone...name some pros who won more than that... their names are tarnished forever. I dont look to see them in ANY fishing tournaments anywhere after this debacle.
Remove their right to fish? Again, enforced by the government...

Think about this. What right does a government have to make you jump through hoops to use a lake that is there naturally? Break your brain out of the matrix.

They swindled people and companies out of $. Doesn't a car dealership that charges more for the exact car do the same to people? Or any other tradesman who charges more? Exactly what law was broken by putting lead into fish? It is a private organization, it should be dealt with privately. Tournament ban, sponsors will pull and then they have to get regular jobs like us sad fuckers. 😄

What is this world coming to when a bunch of grown men tattle to the government about cheating in a fishing tournament???!!!
^^^^ this

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You're argument would be valid except for the fact to be lawful to fish you need to buy what they call a FISHING LICENSE from the State of Ohio. What these fucktards did was abuse a resource that all of the rest of us who lawfully abide by rules and regulations. Hardly similar to a car dealership. If you overpay for a damn car thats on you bud! Nobody is forcing you to buy a car. If it was legal to publicly hang them it would have happened Friday.
They broke game and fish law(s) via the wanton waste, at minimum, but it’s no different than breaking any other game and fish laws of that severity. Assuming it’s their first offense… No one loses their hunting or fishing privileges after a first offense, whether it be wanton waste, fishing/hunting without a license, trespassing, or what have you. Cheating in a privately organized and facilitated tournament is just that… a private matter. I doubt these guys are going to lose any fishing privileges in Ohio.

P8riot

Carbon, In
Abuse a resource...So if you just take a joy ride in your car, could someone who only drives for a purpose call that wasting gas a resource? Or how about pleasure fishing/boating. You see it never ends. You are calling for MORE regulations? Or is it just the things you see as egregious should be enforced?

If you willingly give the state and government more power, they will take it...and we wont get it back.

P8riot

Carbon, In
My argument is valid. Why do I need a license to catch fish? Why do I need a license to marry? Why do we need any of this? Just stop...clear your mind, and ask why as grown men do we NEED permission to do anything?

Noone is forcing anyone to enter a fishing tournament and pay the entry fee...I consider a car a necessity more than fishing.

You are calling for the murder of 2 men over money and fish. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chancegriffis

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
So you are saying what they did was ok? I'm not arguing over this. They fucked up and need to be held accountable. Go fishing without a license i don't care. See where that gets you when the man in the green truck wants to see your license. Did you watch the video? It obviously pissed off nearly everyone that was there. Without regulations there would be no resources at all. Not all men are capable of self regulation. Take away deer limits and what do you think the deer population will be next year?

P8riot

Carbon, In
I did watch the video and I saw all those men yelling and raising their blood pressure over a sport. Is it wrong for someone to cheat, yep. Is it ridiculous to get that angry over a sport, yep. I understand this is some of their livelihoods, but fishing is a liesurely sport to me and to get that angry was humorous. Calling for the murder of them just seems beyond reasonable.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective, but in the grand scheme of life and what IS important, I think taking lives over it is a bit extreme.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My argument is valid. Why do I need a license to catch fish? Why do I need a license to marry? Why do we need any of this? Just stop...clear your mind, and ask why as grown men do we NEED permission to do anything?

Noone is forcing anyone to enter a fishing tournament and pay the entry fee...I consider a car a necessity more than fishing.

You are calling for the murder of 2 men over money and fish. I'm not sure what to make of that.
Unfortunately man can't self regulate. There was a time when Ohio did not have white tailed deer. Licensure is necessary for conservation.