Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
40540D81-2779-4622-AB0C-01C7A651DA53.jpeg

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
What in tarnations is that?
X-ray machine in shoe store - you could see how the shoes fit - 3 viewing ports - many shoe stores had them untill they were outlawed -

Shoe-fitting fluoroscopes, also sold under the names X-ray Shoe Fitter, Pedoscope and Foot-o-scope, were X-ray fluoroscope machines installed in shoe stores from the 1920s until about the 1970s in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Germany and Switzerland. Wikipedia

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My sister, brother and I all three in money to buy this used from a family friend. I think I was about six at the time, my sister being 13 and my brother in the middle of us. Looking back, I think my sister put in her money so’s her brothers could afford it. We paid 17 each. I happened to be the first to jump on it. Dad and mom believed in letting us try things to see if we would live.... no instructions aside from where the throttle was. I ran full speed into the side of the barn. I remember every terrifying second of the painful ordeal. I still remember how that thing smelled while riding it.