Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We taped him last night and came up w 119” and some change. Not bad for public around here and 14 years old. Thanks for the comments fellas.
Think the group so far this morning has killed 2 spikes, I shot at a hog right at legal shooting light and will look when I get down.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well only 2 spikes were taken out. Another friend shot at or hit him, no recovery. He said his strap broke yesterday and gun hit the ground on scope. I bumped my scope walking out last night coming out one handed because I grabbed a big bunch of oyster mushrooms. Gonna check it when I get home just to make sure.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well as I’m stuck at work (actually my last day for the year) Hunter has been hunting. Look what visited him this evening.
5A9E6E2A-0A5C-494A-A894-AB59C5DC6EBE.jpeg
8C90436E-935D-4512-9183-C05181C1DF78.jpeg
7F791F10-34E9-470F-8CB9-DC8D38ED510E.jpeg
Killed on public land this evening. Said he had a spike run by him at full speed, good 8pt behind him, he took a shot and the one pictured stopped and he busted his ass. The boy knows how to fill a freezer. Think I’m gonna take up fishing 😂

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Thanks fellas, I’m very proud and a little jealous that I can hunt as much as him nor do I have the drive that he does. One thing for sure is he puts many boot prints down and does a lot of seat time which equals success. He called me today and decided to do a skull mount and let our taxi have the cape. He’s definitely ate up and I’m actually surprised he went gun hunting as he’s ate up with the bow hunting. I’m sure I will be posting more kills soon (if weather ever gets right). 70’s for weather and rain for 3 days over the weekend.
Fixing to go scout for ducks down here by the house and maybe catch a few fish.