Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

Cogz

Cogz
TX
It would be really a treat if he got into self filming. At this point he is already one of my “industry favorites” 🤣

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
It would be really a treat if he got into self filming. At this point he is already one of my “industry favorites” 🤣
He does film his shots. Uses his tactacam and puts on a bow hanger because on the bow there is too much vibration at the shot. Now making a video is much harder as you need to do runs w cam before and after.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Made a duck hunt for second split opener. 70 degrees and foggy as all get out. To say we didn’t see much is an understatement. Did shoot at a teal that was on the edge of range and it landed 300 yards away wounded. Went scouted a couple spots we’ve hunted and I’m not impressed.
Got home and momma made some homemade cat head biscuits. Loaded my shit and headed to the camp to catch all the rain here before the front. Didn’t bring my bow and Hunter tells me he’s on them and had a big buck just out of range digging a doe. Thanks for the tip Hunter…..not! Guess I will go hunt the property in the morning. Both wma’s are rifle (bucks only) so I may jump in a tree tomorrow evening. 🤷🏼‍♂️

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
42 this morning w 11mph wind. Me and Dj on the property. Hunter and his buddy on the nwr 1.2 miles in and hunting all day. Haven’t been feeding so I will get down today and head to Wally’s for some golden acorns

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
The deer gods did not shine on me this morning. Looks like my first sit to get skunked on. Dj seen 3 does and my buddy on neighboring property had the show w 10 does, spike snd 4pt and a 10 pt we all decided to pass this on.
Was supposed to be sunny today but is still overcast skies. I guess we gonna head to the store for acorns and come back this evening.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The deer gods did not shine on me this morning. Looks like my first sit to get skunked on. Dj seen 3 does and my buddy on neighboring property had the show w 10 does, spike snd 4pt and a 10 pt we all decided to pass this on.
Was supposed to be sunny today but is still overcast skies. I guess we gonna head to the store for acorns and come back this evening.

I guess if I'm ever going to hunt down here I better just get over it being 55-75 degrees during the rut. 😅

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well both boys killed this evening. Hunter killed w bow on nwr.
91474B23-72EC-4BB1-B4D3-72A5AE88C35F.jpeg
And Dj killed a cull buck on property. He had a nice 9 I said shoot it if you want. He said he rather shoot the cull.
5346C220-65BF-4CF0-B09D-1831C704BD55.jpeg
It’s been a great day for a dad, even though I didn’t see squat. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Gonna need some prayers. Hunters hunting buddy woke up yesterday feeling sick and went duck hunting. All day yesterday was down in out and after dinner his chest starting hurting and said it was hard to breathe. Unknown to me they left late last night for the ER. Got an EKG and said he had an irregular heartbeat and transferred him to another hospital that had a cath lab to check for blockages. I will update when I hear something.

Meanwhile me and Dj are back in the stands. Hunter went to the nwr and called me asking if I was still at the camp cause he forgot his boots lol. Told him we were almost at the property and to go back to the camp. I’m in the stand and I see a snap saying he hit a big ass doe w his truck and he was trying to finish her in the crp…. Never caught up w her. Truck was fine he said so that’s much better than last time as he had 9k in damages and almost totaled his truck.