Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ends January 31st here. Fixing to go jump in a stand. Hunter is going to a spot where there is a collared doe that’s been bringing in big bucks. He seen her yesterday going in at noon and she had a good one w her. They were in high grass 5-6’ so no shot. Chance of rain at 11 so we waiting. Hunter is hunting public and I’m going to kill one of my target bucks. Seen plenty deer driving in last night w 5 of them being rack bucks. Hunter seen a giant last night. I will report back w a Covid nut shot for Dave hopefully.

In honor of "live from Louisiana" I give you quotes from one of her famous son's!

John Neely Kennedy, is an American lawyer and politician who has served as the United States senator from Louisiana since 2017. A Democrat turned Republican

You often see a TV Anchor ask Senator Kennedy a question, and one would think he is just a good ole boy from Louisiana.
Kennedy graduated Magna cum Laude from Vanderbilt, has a Law degree from the University of Virginia, and a B.C.L. degree from Oxford in England where he was a First-Class Honors graduate.
He is no country bumpkin; he is very insightful and often humorous.

Comment about Cuomo lecturing us. "It's like a frog calling you ugly". -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"This election in Ga. will be the most important in history. You have nothing to worry about unless you are a taxpayer, parent, gun owner, cop, a person of faith, or an unborn baby!" -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
Senator John Kennedy from Louisiana describes Democrats as the "well-intended arugula and tofu crowd." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"You can only be young once, but you can always be immature." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Americans are thinking, there are some good members of Congress, but we can't figure out what they are good for. Others are thinking, how did these morons make it through the birth canal." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"It's as dead as four o'clock. - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Always follow your heart.....but take your brains with you." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"The short answer is 'No'. The long answer is 'Hell No'." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"It must suck to be that dumb." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"When the Portland mayor's IQ gets to 75, he oughta sell." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"I keep trying to see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer's point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Go sell your crazy somewhere else.....we are all stocked up here." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"She has a Billy goat brain and a mockingbird mouth!" -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
Sen. John Kennedy (Rep. La.) said on Wednesday that he trusted most Middle Eastern countries as much as gas station sushi. -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"You can get a goat to climb a tree, but you'd be better off hiring a squirrel." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"1. This has been going on since Moby Dick was a minnow.
2. Never stand between a dog and a fire hydrant."
-Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"It appears that he might do the right thing, but only when closely supervised and cornered like a rat." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Dumb enough to be a twin of himself." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"This is why space aliens won't talk to us." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Democrats are running around like they found a hair in their biscuit." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Chuck Schumer just moo's and follows Nancy Pelosi into the cow chute." - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"What planet did you parachute in from?" - Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
"Just because you CAN sing doesn't mean you should." -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy
Senator John Kennedy on Nancy Pelosi, "She can strut sitting down!" -Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Sorry Dave no nut shot today! Sat from 11 till dark and deer did what I knew they would do….. come out at sundown. 3 one way and 3 the other way and went away. Hunter didn’t see anything. It’s blowing like a whore on nickel night and will be blowing in the twenties tomorrow w gust in the 30’s. Tonight we have a 30% chance of snow from 1-5 am. I will decide in the morning if it’s ducks or deer.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nick.... Might be a good morning to sleep in... Right now in Northern New Jersey it's -1 degree...

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We killed 4 wood ducks this morning. Went to a hole that was pretty good last year, not much in there this year. I’m currently in the deer stand watching 3 doe feed on some rice bran I put out. I’m getting tired of deer hunting, seems like my place has dried up. Hunter went home today to take care of his yards for a couple days and will be back.

On another note, layne and his podnah been hammering the wood ducks and have killed 4 banded woodies in 3 days.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Deer hunted this morning and put another 50# of rice bran out. Sat till almost 10 without seeing a deer and I told myself I’m done with this shit. Even thought about leasing my place and getting in a 10k lease not far from me on the other side of the levee next to the Mississippi River. It’s like nothing has ever experienced hunting and fishing. 60-100 deer sittings is a daily thing w plenty of rack bucks to choose from.

That thought quickly disappeared when I looked left and had a rack buck and big doe standing there. Quickly opened the window and pulled my gun up. Looking through my scope I looked him up and whammy…..same nice buck we all passed on. Studied him some more and then watch the doe walk off as he ate then walked back to where she went in a followed. I stared down that way and two minutes later two bucks run out, I meh 3 times and the rack buck stopped. Put my scope on him and definitely wasn’t a shooter. The other buck was a cow horn spike. They took off in the same direction following the doe and buck. Kept my gun out the window hoping my target buck would be trailing but no deal. Moon is full and it’s a six deer day which means major feed was 11-1 pm. Figured I’d sit till 11 and pack up and go home. Around 10:40 I had 2 does and a bb come out and fed around for 20 minutes. 11:30 now and I got out. Drove around my property to the duck pond cause someone told me the migration was on two weeks ago. My ditches was frozen over and figured I’d fine a bunch of ducks in it but got the goose egg. Went to the camp and packed up. Currently I’m home for 4 days of work and will go back next weekend.
C9E27E27-A502-4D3C-AA4E-EF6861593F73.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well thought a target buck was gonna get “petted” this evening but them old bucks aren’t old cause they stupid. I went home Monday to work this week. Guess who shows up Tuesday evening before sundown? The wide 8. Never got a pic of him in daylight but he decided to eat for 20 minutes and made several visits during the night. Wednesday he shows up at 5:11 and feeds for almost 20 minutes again. Major front comes in w a good amount of rain and dj goes up to hunt him. Does on the feed but his ass is a no show. To be continued…..
C3964477-167E-41E6-9F4F-734BB1B53A7D.jpeg
2CE25079-065F-4C73-BC09-482AF6F03075.jpeg