Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
548AE58C-E482-404E-99E2-5E9F4C6F8D8E.jpeg

How in the hell did one of your memes get on my iPad?😂

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We in the motel after eating dinner. Plugs just got pulled out the scatter guns. Guide wants us to meet him at 3:30 lol. Said he’s on a bunch of geese. All the fields around here are flooded as it has rained “stormed” for 4 days straight. Will be high 40’s w a NW wind close to 20 and gust to 30. Hope we can pull them in tight cause they will be able to jet out of range on 3 shot.

65$ makes holla lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Scratched! Wind is blowing so hard when they get close the socks are flipping back and forth making them not finish. Headed for lunch gonna make a roost hunt later.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well time to bump my thread so I can find it lol. We have a hunt test coming up March 2nd. We pass this one and she will earn a seasoned title. Had already signed her up for finished test (2) on March 16-17 and they have been canceled. The spillway is fixing to be opened to relieve some pressure on the rising Mississippi River.

We trained this morning and pearl is doing good for not really training since last summer.
pic is at the house after the morning session. She said she wasn’t finished and brought me a bumper. Dog has no quit.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
How are you guys making out down there with this storm rolling through? How much do they expect the river to rise?

We are fine. Usually when the river gets up to close to flood stage the Corp will open the spillway to take water from the river so New Orleans levee system don’t get compromised. It’s been a wet winter and spring so far. Grass in the yard has rotted in the lower areas. Lake Pontchartrain is usually a brackish water lake but will be fresh water soon pushing our saltwater species out. Along w that the pearl river that will be close to the flood stage in a couple days. Neither is an issue w the population. Well maybe some of the low lying houses that typically get wet could get wet again. The pearl flooding is strictly caused by rains as we get the overflow from the Ross Barnett impoundment in Jackson Mississippi. We need water for our crawfish in the wma so that’s good.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I miss Louisiana . Loved coming down and going to Lafitte , delacroix , or Venice . Venice was my favorite but the river has such a influence there it was always a crap shoot .
I keep threatening to fly down and visit with my buddy Cobert from Cut off to bowfish, shrimp , and drink beer .

Reactions: finelyshedded