Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Here is a pic of my girl and her ribbons earned Saturday.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
In ukc each ribbon represents a passed test. Once you complete the required number of test you earn a title ribbon. Each event (club holding the event) have different colors for their club.

Number of test before title vary. This is because you can test in any level. If you test at the next level of a title you earned there is less required test to pass for the following level.
Started title is 4 passes for title.
Seasoned title is 3 passes w started title or four passes without.
Finished is 4 passes w seasoned title or 5 passes without.

You can start at finished if you wanted. I was new and started at the lowest level to get my feet wet and learn what was expected. I hope I answered your question.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Of course the ribbon is just a show thing. The pink slip that comes w a pass is the most important thing.

Oh when you complete your last test in that level they hand you the title ribbon. So Saturday Pearl passed the test and completed the amount of passes required (3) since she had her started title. So that’s why she has two ribbons. Each level of passed test you officially get points.
Passed test in started is 5
Passed test in seasoned is 10
Passed test in finished is 15.
Another level up is grand. Not sure on points but do know you have to have a finished title and (x) amount of points to run in that level. I’m a good ways out so haven’t researched it lol.

You will here of dogs that are 500 club and even a 1000.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
You know what time it is! If it makes you feel any better, after I posted the ribbon pic, I laughed at my own joke and spit Gatorade on the dash of my truck.[emoji23]

All good my brotha, I thought it was funny AF! I have thick skin, so quit derailing my thread before we have to meet and laugh at all this shit over a beer... or two.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We are fine. Usually when the river gets up to close to flood stage the Corp will open the spillway to take water from the river so New Orleans levee system don’t get compromised. It’s been a wet winter and spring so far. Grass in the yard has rotted in the lower areas. Lake Pontchartrain is usually a brackish water lake but will be fresh water soon pushing our saltwater species out. Along w that the pearl river that will be close to the flood stage in a couple days. Neither is an issue w the population. Well maybe some of the low lying houses that typically get wet could get wet again. The pearl flooding is strictly caused by rains as we get the overflow from the Ross Barnett impoundment in Jackson Mississippi. We need water for our crawfish in the wma so that’s good.

Some of the most productive lines I've ever ran were in Delta flood waters. The fish seem to flood to those areas due to the abundance of works and bugs that get flooded. I miss yoyo fishing too, some great fun to be had there when the waters rise.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well got a wild hair and told the wife I’m headed to the camp. Did my chores and pearl and I are goners.

Not much planned, have a cam that’s been out since the last time I went up. Hoping to see something on cam for the upcoming year. Also putting out some red trace salt for my stations. 4 hours one way, may spend the night may come home late tonight. I will look for sheds but not tromping through the crp for them.